Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to home depot at lunch today I was stopped at a light waiting to turn left. In the left lane, a silver Trailblazer SS pulls up to next to me with a "396 SS" license plate and tinted windows. The light turns green and we make our left hand turn... we both punched at around 15 mph and it's f-ing on! We were nose to nose until about 50 mph and then he slowly started pulling on me until around 80-ish where we shut it off. He ended up about two truck lengths ahead of me. I have a 2 deg timing adv, 87 BD tune, and exhaust.

·
Registered
554 Posts
FYI, there is a whole section on the forum (War Stories) dedicated to endangering the lives of others on public roadways...

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
This better than the same post in the proper section...:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: Don't mind me...lol.

L

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
LOL...I mean really, the guy didn't say I was driving through S turns passing school busses in a school zone next to a Hospice with people in walkers crossing the damn street! There's not a person here who hasn't "street dragged", if you will, once or twice. This is one of those dopes who thinks talking on the phone while driving should be banned just because there are morons out there that can't walk and chew gum! Remember, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Hudson your getting fiesty today. I like it. Brilliant!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Oh go take your soapbox over there and sit in the corner until you're told to leave! Who the heII are you...Mother Theresa?

Yeah? Who is gonna make me?

No, I'm not Mother Theresa, but I also don't intentionally endanger others on the road. Too many variables that are unaccounted for on normal streets. Last summer one of my ex-students was killed along with his girlfriend racing. He thought he was hot s#it in his new Mustang and also thought he was a good driver. Well, he hit the pole so hard the car split in half (the pictures will make your stomach turn). In order to hit the pole he had crossed 3 lanes of oncoming traffic. Thank God no one was coming the other way or they'd be dead too.

So before you start beating your chest, dragging your knuckles, and defending stupid behavior, recognize that a bad choice that only affects you is one thing, but one that puts others at risk is unacceptable.

·
Registered
554 Posts
BTW - How do you know what my thoughts are on cell phone usage? You have ESP? I don't live in a glass house.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
FYI, there is a whole section on the forum (War Stories) dedicated to endangering the lives of others on public roadways...
So what your saying that if your going down a road with no-one within 30 miles and some-one wants to punch it just because that can they shouldn't because a gnat my fly in front of them the hit it change there angle by .001 degrees where they hit a fly that changes it but .009 degrees and they in-turn hit a snake that makes there angle change by 1 degree and over the river and through the woods to grand-mothers house they go, Grand-maw just happens to be feeding her cat he hits and kills it and grand-maw pulls out a gat and bust a cap in his a$$ just for the sake of punching it on a straight road?

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
dank78 isnt' going to win this war LOL unfortantly.

Now I can somewhat understand his view HOWEVER lets be realistic. If you're at a light right at the freeway entrance and you gun it with another truck, is that risking others lives? Highway speed limit is 55-75mph.. your accelerating quickly yes, but regardless you have an open view and a near straight shot.

If you're in the city or outter city areas and at a stop light, and the light turns green, speed limit is lets say 55mph, are you risking lives hauling *** up to 55mph? Even 65mph? Had that light been green, you would have blown through that intersection and that roadway doing at least the speed limit..

I think we're all mature and smart enough when it's safe to race and not race.

Are you going to race in a school zone?

Are you going to race in a construction zone?

Are you going to race in a heavy traffic area?

Are you going to race around S corners that arn't made for trucks?

Lets be honest with ourselfs. And Dank, I think what your comment really did was insult the intelligence of the other members here on the forum between not only right/wrong but common sense between right/wrong.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Where are flies and gnats coming from? You know damn well that's not what I'm talking about. What I am saying is that racing people on public roadways is dangerous. The situations that are beyond your control are not flies, but another car pulling out, a deer (or other sizable animal), a pothole, or something in the road. I'm not talking about punching it to get around a slow poke or things like that; What I'm referring to is actually racing someone. Hey if you're on a deserted road at 3 am and want to tool it up, go for it; you crash, you're the only one that pays the price. I'm talking about normal areas that are frequented by other drivers.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Lets be honest with ourselfs. And Dank, I think what your comment really did was insult the intelligence of the other members here on the forum between not only right/wrong but common sense between right/wrong.
Geez if that's all it takes to insult someone's intelligence that's pretty bad. It was giving the original poster some insight as to where to post along with a sarcastic jab at street racing.

As for winning any war, I don't really care. But I'll tell you what, if some moron ever causes an accident with me because he/she is street racing, they better hope I'm injured, cause if I'm not, I'm beating the p$ss out of them ASAP.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
..just stop posting. :bangit:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ah yes, the twilight zone of internet forum logic has reared it's head once again. This time on site dedicated to large, cumbersome, relatively slow, utilitarian vehicles, where a guy is getting flamed for having the nerve to poke satire at the rationality of drag racing said vehicles on city roadways.

Gotta love teh interwebs!

Next up - somewhere on the twilight zone of internet forums - we'll flame some poor sap who has the gall to think that wiping your arse before you poo is stupid.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Yeah? Who is gonna make me?

No, I'm not Mother Theresa, but I also don't intentionally endanger others on the road. Too many variables that are unaccounted for on normal streets. Last summer one of my ex-students was killed along with his girlfriend racing. He thought he was hot s#it in his new Mustang and also thought he was a good driver. Well, he hit the pole so hard the car split in half (the pictures will make your stomach turn). In order to hit the pole he had crossed 3 lanes of oncoming traffic. Thank God no one was coming the other way or they'd be dead too.

So before you start beating your chest, dragging your knuckles, and defending stupid behavior, recognize that a bad choice that only affects you is one thing, but one that puts others at risk is unacceptable.
Bee Oh Oh, Aiche Oh Oh! We all have our sad sob stories. We just choose not to pawn them off on folks who don't want to hear em'...especially when they didn't ask for your opinion on the subject. I don't remember seeing him write: Hey Dank....what do you think about that? He didn't say he was intentionally endangering anyone! What gives you the right to hold court on this guy for one friggin' post! Mind your business and keep your sad after-school specials to yourself. If you've NEVER been at a stoplight and had someone next to you that a sudden burst of testosterone didn't cause you to full throttle it at the green then you're either full of feces or you're MANstruating bigtime!
And about your "Yeah? Who is gonna make me? " comment....I'm surprised and dismayed that wasn't followed by "I know you are but what am I?".
Now, get back in the corner til I say you're excused.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Bee Oh Oh, Aiche Oh Oh! We all have our sad sob stories. We just choose not to pawn them off on folks who don't want to hear em'...especially when they didn't ask for your opinion on the subject. I don't remember seeing him write: Hey Dank....what do you think about that? He didn't say he was intentionally endangering anyone! What gives you the right to hold court on this guy for one friggin' post! Mind your business and keep your sad after-school specials to yourself. If you've NEVER been at a stoplight and had someone next to you that a sudden burst of testosterone didn't cause you to full throttle it at the green then you're either full of feces or you're MANstruating bigtime!
And about your "Yeah? Who is gonna make me? " comment....I'm surprised and dismayed that wasn't followed by "I know you are but what am I?".
Now, get back in the corner til I say you're excused.
Damn! :rofl: Dank, when your driving down the road and you have a green light and your going 35MPH the legal limit in the city do you also stop at every green light to check both ways?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I was kinda wondering why dank has all the mods to his truck. Lets mod up a 300+ hp truck and then drive like a blue haired granny. Hope i don't see ya on the streets 'cause i can't find enough people to run 'em. I find myself racing UPS trucks.LOL: Get off your high horse dank and let us kids play. By the way i'm 40 and the only difference between a man and a boy is the price of their toys, and how you play with them.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I can't speak for everyone, but on the 2 350Z sites I frequent they pretty much rip you for talk of street racing. I think a stop light, left turn (across other lanes obviously), and then up to 80 mph is street racing. Regardless of when you really actually punch it.

I see both sides of this but have to agree that street racing "up to 80" is stupid. There was no mention (that I can remember) of it being a deserted highway on ramp, airplane runway or shuttle landing strip. But he also didn't say it was the downtown main street shopping district. So who knows.

Point is that street racing is stupid. I see news on the TV or in the paper almost weekly of crashes for this. I do not want some speed racer jack*ss to decide whats safe for me, my family, my friends, heck... my dogs. People just don't care anymore about anyone else but themselves. Be it cell phone driving, driving too close to pedestrians, ripping through neighborhoods, etc.....

I don't poo-poo on anyone who wants to punch it once in awhile when there are no side streets, driveways, crosswalks, intersections, other traffic, pedestrians, road debris (see where I'm going with this). But most people do not check those things when they punch it.

Now, some one is bound to reply, "so your saying you never get rowdy in the Z". Yes I do! But I do it in neighborhoods that were paved and ready for houses, but none ever got built. 4 or 5 of them around here. I do it on stretches that I am familiar with from driving everyday that have no on or off exits, side streets, sidewalks pedestrians etc... Ya, I know, not many of them, but I try to be safe. You can say I wasted my money getting a Z then. Whatever. People always want to race the Z. Even mini-vans. It's hard to hold back, but I do.

I am not saying everyone has to be perfect all the time. I am not, I drove stupid when younger, and sometimes catch myself speeding, but I have learned from others mistakes. That is the difference between a fool and someone with a brain.

·
Registered
174 Posts
There was three innoncent people just killed nearby by two people drag racing on a highway at about double the speed limit. WELL DONE! Maybe next time you can victimize some other innocents.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts