Nissan Titan Forum banner

Mean Green Canteen

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  dman 
#1 ·
I never really liked the Canteen color on the Titan but after seeing some real world photos (not publicity shots) I'm starting to like it. It has a tough, military, outdoorsey type of look to it. The combination of the canteen green of the paint, the chrome of the accents, the metallic of the rims, and the black of the tires and plastics really works well together. They contrast and compliment each other to form a true machine-type look. Kindof like a new tank. I still think I'd go for the smoke color if I were to buy right now, but canteen might surpass that if I see it some more. The smoke isn't my favorite color, but I like the way it shows off the contours of the truck and works well to accent the chrome and wheels. It has a ruggedness too it, but in more of an urban way than the canteen. Originally I wanted the silver, and I still think it looks great, but in a way it dulls out the chrome accent and lights. I guess it just comes down to personal preference, but what do you guys think as far as upkeep goes. Which would be easiest to keep clean. I'm not big on washing the truck every other day so I'd like to be able to get it dirty and not have it seem so bad. I know silver would probably be best for that, but what about Smoke and Canteen. Which of those 2 would be easier to maintain?

#2 ·
SMoke...depending on where you live and the tendancy to get dirty can show it pretty well or hide it pretty well.

Example - a lot of freeway driving and light drizzle the truck still looks 'clean' from 5 feet away....

Go through some pretty good rain and let the sun hit it before removing and some nice water spots develop (I cant stand that so I get home..hose it off and dry it before putting her away at night).

But, both me and momma agreed on the smoke and we really do love the way she looks all cleaned up :cheers:

#3 ·
In my case the color did not matter as much. I was going more for the combination of packages. So I ended up with the only one in California with the right packages...a galaxy black. But it does look good with the chrome. Check it out!

Attachments

#5 ·
I like all the colors. The thing is, I need a toned down color that doesn't require a lot of maintenance because this will be mostly an every day use work-truck. I'm probably one of the few people that like all the colors and wouldn't complain whichever one I was given, but for the use I'm intending the truck for it really has to be a neutral-type color. Something that accents the other pieces well but doesn't really stand out too much like the red or black or white. I'm looking for something in the middle of the spectrum, like silver. If only it didn't dull out the chrome so much.

#6 ·
The Canteen Green does change with the amount of light as do most of the other colors available. I was originally looking at the Silver and the Smoke but went with the green as it had the packages I wanted, it was one of my 3 color choices, and there don't seem to be a lot of them out there. I wonder if this will go the way of the Brickyard on the 350 Z which was a one year production color making those Zs a rarity now. At any rate, I think you'll be pleased with either Canteen or Smoke as both colors looks great on the truck!

:cheers:

#7 ·
Mine is Smoke and yes it is hard to keep clean. Then again, it has been raining every 3-4 days since I got my truck so that hasn't helped me at all. When she is clean, she is absolutely gorgeous though. I would think that canteen would be very similar though as far as trying to keep it clean. The problem with Silver is now there are soooo many vehicles with that color. If I'm not mistaken it is the most popular vehicle color right now. However, this is probably just another trend. I just prefer a not so common color...I like to stand out just a bit. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.