Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to break down and buy some LT headers for the T. I might as well spend a little more and get a catback system as well. My T is an 04. Which catback is going to have a good sound but not be to loud? Also,,,will I still have the CIS with headers and a catback?

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Do a search on Zoomers. Very little drone, no CIS, not loud. It have a mellow and deep sound to it. Wish I could give you a sound bite, but I lack the capability and a good camera..

L

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Ditto to what BB said! You'll need to make sure you either get some cats welded into the OEM b-pipes or get the plug and play Berk Technology b-pipes to help keep the noise level down. We're doing a header install on an '04 on the 24th that includes DT headers, Berk Technology b-pipes and the Zoomers exhaust...

The Zoomers is a great system that performs well and sounds good!

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
How would Borla Cat Back do for him? I just remember they are real mellow sounding; heard them years ago, but don't recall HP/TQ performance numbers.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
LOL..I know. I said the same thing. I just happen to get an excellent deal from a fellow member. The quality of sound you're askin' for doesn't come cheap. JBA makes a reasonable price proven high performance catback, but with headers and Berks it sounds too ricey with all that poping/CIS and high pitch requiring a better muffler. I heard some good clips from Borla and Gibson, which are also not cheap. For some reason our motors have a nasty sound that's gets nastier with HP headers and B-pipes. Get to seaching on sound clips in the forum for some ideas. You might have to go Frankenstein and make your own. GL bro

L

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The main thing I want is a CIS-less exhaust. As long as the drone isnt so bad where I cant hear my son talking to me from the back seat and there is no CIS I would be happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts