Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have not posted on here for a while so hello. I had a mishap with my Titan.
To make a long story short my Insurance company will not pay for a new bed.
My adjuster told me that the Bodyshop which is my Dealer will cut the entire drivers side bed panel out and weld a new side in. I am not to happy that they are doing this what will this do to my structure of my bed as far as strength not to mention winter time corrosion. What can I do to make them put a new bed on? Or am I screwed?
Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
You could add your own money over the price and get the new bed or usually you can see if another body shop will do the bed for the same price. Usually the ins. company issues you the check and you can take it to any body shop to do the work. If it will cost a little more then pay it out of your pocket.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Take a settlement from the ins. Look at salvage yard websites and find a straight bed. If you're really lucky you may find one in the right color, otherwise get it painted and bolt it on.

On the other hand you could just let them do it their way and then not accept the work untill its right. I wouldn't worry about bed strength there is far too great a liableilty for them if it were to fail under a load.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Take it somewhere else, another dealer, see what they say.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I don't know if all insurance companies are the same, but when I hit a deer a few years ago, they would not issue me a check directly, because the truck was not paid off. And if the vehicle was paid off they don't issue you the whole amount just incase you don't get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Quartering a pickup truck bed is common practice and is not hard to do well. Let them do it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
walleeme said:
Quartering a pickup truck bed is common practice and is not hard to do well. Let them do it.
He is right, if done right you should not have any problems.
Hunt for the right shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts