Nissan Titan Forum banner

Metra Releases 2008 Titan Double Din Kit ( About Time)

9K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  GB08Titan 
#1 ·
I Have Finally Seen The 2008 Titan In Dash Aftermarket Dash Kit.
Its Finally Here.

#6 ·
Yes it's finally here. Thinking out loud:

1. It looks like they are only releasing one color to match with the overall dash. What about us with that have that silver/mesh looking trim for our OEM stereo? The same material covers the cup holder and shifter area so this means the interior is going to look a little funky around the shifter area. I guess I know what I'll be painting next. ;)

2. I still see that they are listing the same wiring harness for the 08 as they did a month back. According to other members who were brave enough to try the metra kit on their 08, it DOES NOT FIT?

DOUBLE:

SINGLE:

I think I'm gonna see if I have time today to call Metra directly and see whats up with pricing and the harness. Not having the Metra kit was going to make it easier to wait to see what the Pioneer Avic-D4 was going to bring to the table at CES in January. Now that a kit is available and I don't have to glass my bezel, I am soooo tempted to get my entire sound system now. :teeth:

#7 ·
Yeah, i noticed in the currently available pictures that the color doesnt match the one I have. However, noone is actually selling these yet (that i can find), so there may be additional colors available (I can hope). Worst case scenario, you can paint it.

The last i heard on the wiring harness, is the one that Metra actually lists for the 08 Titan on their site is the wong one, but there is one that actually works. I dont have the part # handy, but ill find it.

#8 · (Edited)
In terms of color, I actually would prefer that the kit matches the dash instead. I don't think I like the fact that the current oem bezel sticks out so much on the dark dash and would prefer that the bezel actually blends in with the rest of the dash:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/3/13/880565/Nissan Titan Pro4X/FourDoor_Pro4X_08 (Large).JPG

Yeah I'm pretty sure there is a working wiring harness out there for the 08. They've had it listed on their site for a while now and makes sense that the part # is incorrect but sucks to be any one of the guys who went by their website believing that they were receiving the proper wiring harness for their 08.

Man I can't wait... I wonder if tech12volt can get us pricing on these new kits or at least get access to them sooner than us end users. :D

Edit: Pic edit

#12 ·
Just got off the phone with Metra sales and tech support.

There is no definitive ETA as to when the kit will be available for purchase yet. The estimates I got were 4-6weeks from today still. They didn't have exact info as to where in the production process the kits were at yet but they believed that since it was just officially announced, it will be out "soon", meaning 1 month from now for us. :(

In regards to the wiring harness #, dsessions was right. So that other guy who said they purchased that 2007-2008 advertised harness was incorrect when it would not fit. According to Metra tech support, the wiring harness 70-7552 will indeed fit the 2008. It is the same one as the 2007. The one on the website which is 70-7550 is incorrect.

So to sum it all up this is what we need to order from Metra:

2008 Nissan Titan Dash Kit: 95-7424
2007-2008 Nissan Titan Wiring Harness: 70-7552

I'm super stoked. I forgot to ask for pricing though while I was on the phone with them...

#14 ·
I just got off the phone with them and he told me that this part # 99-7405 would fit the 08 XE model. He said it only fits the base model titan. Is there anybody that can vouch for this.

#15 ·
Metra does not know when this kit will available at all. They have 3 right now that they will display at ces in January and the inside scoop is it will be late january befroe we can even consider this. And if you read my post on other threads about this . i have said from the beginning it will be late january at the earliest.

#16 ·
Divey said:
I just got off the phone with them and he told me that this part # 99-7405 would fit the 08 XE model. He said it only fits the base model titan. Is there anybody that can vouch for this.

anyone out there knows of this working.

#23 ·
I called metra on friday and the guy told me that it should be ready to ship in the next 2 weeks. I asked him a price and he said it shows in the computer $5555.55 witch means they dont have a price set yet. I asked the guy if he could call me when it is ready to ship and he said he would. Looks like my wait may soon be over. I got my truck in june after trading in my 06. The 06 had amp, speakers, and subs, with a in dash double din kenwood screen. If all goes well I will have my tunes back by end of jan.

#24 ·
weewane said:
I called metra on friday and the guy told me that it should be ready to ship in the next 2 weeks. I asked him a price and he said it shows in the computer $5555.55 witch means they dont have a price set yet. I asked the guy if he could call me when it is ready to ship and he said he would. Looks like my wait may soon be over. I got my truck in june after trading in my 06. The 06 had amp, speakers, and subs, with a in dash double din kenwood screen. If all goes well I will have my tunes back by end of jan.
Metra does know how much it will cost because its not close to being out. Every company in car audio tells you either 2 weeks or a month wait.

I called my guy last week as well and he put back to the R and D section. They have no clue when it will be released. They have no date and know no date. And thats the truth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.