Nissan Titan Forum banner

Mich LTX M/S2 vs BFG Long Trail Tour

7K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  beason 
#1 ·
It's about time for tires. I still have the Wrangler SRAs on the the truck. The tire store we've used for a long time can get me the stock size 265/70-18 Michelin LTX M/S2 for $976, but says I should try the BF Goodrich Long Trail Tour at $716. My truck is 2wd, mostly highway use, and I want good ride and traction followed by decent wear. Would you save $260 with the BFGs or just write the bigger check?

Thanks,
Troy

#2 ·
I've been searching and everyone seems to go goo goo and ga ga over the Michelins. Even on the tire rack site, they seem to be very highly rated and score high numbers in the rating profile. The only thing I don't like is the sidewall design. Instead of just saying Michelin on the sides, they should say "Michelin LTX" in white letters. I think only the "Michelin" is in white letters if you decided to get them in that style. I wish I wasn't so picky about stupid stuff like this, but I am unfortunately. lol!

#4 ·
I am looking at the Michelins too. Depending on which one you get, it is either a 70 or 100k mile tire.

#5 ·
Seems like a high price to me for either. You're in a 2wd in Ga. so I'm assuming you don't really need a snow tire per se. I would look at the latitude tour as well as the General grabber HTS. Both have a much harder compound than the BFG's so they should last longer. I understand it's a place you like to go to, but unless you're looking for a certain load range tire, a P rated tire will work fine for your truck and they should only run ~$150 each in stock size. Depending on the extras that they charge for mounting, balancing, and disposal, I would think $700 should be the max you pay on anything.

Just my opinion of course.

#6 ·
ive enver had the michelins, but i had the BFG for a few years. very nice tire. rode great, quiet, and never spun a tire on the boat ramp. I moved up to 22s and had to let them go. If i was still 18in i would still have them, and another set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.