Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this at JCWhitney for $200.

There was no accessible spot to screw it to the firewall, so I attached the heater unit to the back of the air filter housing with industrial strength VELCRO, and VELCROED the fuse holder to the top of the plastic housing behind the battery.

I fished the control wires through the firewall via the hood latch cable grommet with a coat hanger, and connected them to the Microheat switch using the supplied connector.

I took off the dash panel under the steering wheel (remove two screws), and then popped out the left hand dummy switch (next to the pedal height adjust switch). I then filed a small notch in the dash panel at the bottom center of the rectangular dummy switch hole, stuck the Microheat Hotshot switch from behind through the dummy switch hole, and then popped the dummy switch back in the hole from behind, pinching the cable into the notch. Next, I reinstalled the dash panel and attached the Microheat switch to the face of the dummy switch using the supplied adhesive pad. I then coiled the excess control wire and tucked it behind the kick panel.

Works well. Details at www.microheat.com but it is cheaper at JC Whitney.

·
Registered
795 Posts
bestatchess said:
I bought this at JCWhitney for $200.

There was no accessible spot to screw it to the firewall, so I attached the heater unit to the back of the air filter housing with industrial strength VELCRO, and VELCROED the fuse holder to the top of the plastic housing behind the battery.

I fished the control wires through the firewall via the hood latch cable grommet with a coat hanger, and connected them to the Microheat switch using the supplied connector.

I took off the dash panel under the steering wheel (remove two screws), and then popped out the left hand dummy switch (next to the pedal height adjust switch). I then filed a small notch in the dash panel at the bottom center of the rectangular dummy switch hole, stuck the Microheat Hotshot switch from behind through the dummy switch hole, and then popped the dummy switch back in the hole from behind, pinching the cable into the notch. Next, I reinstalled the dash panel and attached the Microheat switch to the face of the dummy switch using the supplied adhesive pad. I then coiled the excess control wire and tucked it behind the kick panel.

Works well. Details at www.microheat.com but it is cheaper at JC Whitney.
hmmmmm....does this work on your headlights too or is it just for the windshield?

juma

1 - 3 of 3 Posts