Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my rear axle seals blow out about a year ago and thus ran onto my rear brake pads destroying them and warping my front rotors thus destroying my front pads. I brought into midas thinking their "lifetime brakes" would be a great thing to have........So wrong.....

It cost me all together $1217.17 for everything. Pads rotors front and rear and replace the seals.

Now after one year of barely driving (under 10k miles) my brakes are shot and my rotors need to be resurfaced.

I brought into midas and they said " yup your brakes were installed on a little bit of an angle and wore them down mroe than usual, we can fix that for you" Which i was very happy to hear until.......

They [email protected]#$% told me it was going to cost $327 for labor cost on the brakes?!??!?

They told me that the warrantee covers the pads not the labor which is exactly what i had to pay for the new brakes in 2009. Wow.....

NEVER HAVE MIDAS DO YOUR BRAKES!!! Lesson learned.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
was that stated in the lifetime brakes when you purchased them? Is it in the paperwork? If it is, I do not see the problem. If it is not stated anywhere, looks like they are ripping you off.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
WOW! That's expensive for brakes! That SUCK'S! Next time your ready for some new brakes check out Frozen Rotor's. I put a set of their rotor's & Hawk LTS Pad's on the front of my T & their SO much better than the stock ones. NO warped rotor's & NO steering wheel wobble! :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was stated that i would have to pay for labor costs, which i dont know how much they charge an hour. But really? i can change brakes on my own but hate doing it.

I just hate how they present it and then charge you alot after it fails in a year.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i took my old jeep cherokee into them a few months ago and the reason was i couldnt get the brakes to pass our safety tests here in utah. so they told me that the brakes just needd cleaned and adjusted is all charged me 137$ for doing his and after coming back to them 6 more time to get them done correctly i decided to take the jeep somewhere else instead i went to the first place they stated i needed the rotors turned and did it for $30 for front and the back and boom my problem was fixed, my old explorer had the same issues as you got the lifetime brakes and when i came in a little over a year and a half to get them fixed and they wanted me to pay like 280$ i told them to F off and went somewhere else, I would never go there again at all they rip you off like mad..... report them to the BBB for misleading info like i did.....

·
Registered
615 Posts
You only have to go to midas once to get sodomized. I learned my lesson there years ago... Wont go back evar and happily tell anyone who asks if they should use that place they shouldnt...

LoL...so true. I took my 94 F150 there for an oil change (had some coupon) back in 1996 or so. My buddy followed me over there, and we were going to get a workout in while they had the truck. As we were driving away, I see (in passenger mirror) my truck pull out of Midas and go in the opposite direction. I said wtf? And went back..the manager said the tech was probably just seeing how it rode? I told him that it was just here for an oil change.:ftard: About 15 min later here comes my truck and the tech gets out with doughnuts while I'm sitting with the manager.:bangit: I sure don't trust any of these outfits anymore, while making a doughnut run may seem harmless, what if that ****tard had got into an accident or parked too close to some other yahoo out and about, getting a door ding? I'm sure they would of said the truck was that way when I brought it in.:huh:

Got a free oil change out of it, but should have called the police. I was pissed.

·
Registered
878 Posts
LoL...so true. I took my 94 F150 there for an oil change (had some coupon) back in 1996 or so. My buddy followed me over there, and we were going to get a workout in while they had the truck. As we were driving away, I see (in passenger mirror) my truck pull out of Midas and go in the opposite direction. I said wtf? And went back..the manager said the tech was probably just seeing how it rode? I told him that it was just here for an oil change.:ftard: About 15 min later here comes my truck and the tech gets out with doughnuts while I'm sitting with the manager.:bangit: I sure don't trust any of these outfits anymore, while making a doughnut run may seem harmless, what if that ****tard had got into an accident or parked too close to some other yahoo out and about, getting a door ding? I'm sure they would of said the truck was that way when I brought it in.:huh:

Got a free oil change out of it, but should have called the police. I was pissed.
wow... thats impressive... i think i would have made the worlds biggest deal out of that. If it was legal, i would hunt midas managers for sport and mount their heads on my wall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts