Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a guy with a rear end out of a 2007 titan, says it has electronic locker in it and has all brakes with it. He had not heard of trutrac sounds to me like that's what it is. Is there a way I can tell the difference? Im gonna try to golook at it tomorrow. He is asking 800 but price is best offer and is hurting for cash. what's a fair price for it if it turns out to be a trutrac? I have 08 4x4 we 6" lift, and wanting to get rid of the one wheel traction

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Factory e-locker will have a wire connector on the pumpkin. TrueTrac is an aftermarket mechanical LSD. You can replace the E-locker with a TrueTrac, but you also have to replace one axle shaft cuz the E-locker rear end uses one different length axle shaft. Since you have a 4x4, the rear axle gear ratio would need to match. The risk in buying a used rear axle is that the ring & pinion are worn or damaged as Nissan does not sell gear sets. You can buy and replace all of the seals and bearings with new parts. I think the 2007 used the stronger 4 pinion (spider) version of the E-locker. I would pull the cover and inspect and also rotate and check for noise/grating. And of course I would ask why he happens to have a rear end out of the truck.

TrueTrac looks like this:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, can the e locker be hooked up to work on my truck and will it make a difference?fast end is the one last I've never delt with on a truck, I'm not really off roading In the truck

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
For on road, it would be better to have a TrueTrac than an E-locker.

I think you could make the E-locker work just by wiring it to a switch on the dash to supply +12V to the solenoid in the diff when you wanted to lock it up.

The factory E-locker wiring includes an interlock system to restrict it to operation only in 4LO. Several people have bypassed the interlock w/o any apparent problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts