Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pictures of my hay hauling this past weekend. Two loads of 11 each 5x5 round bales (roughly 900+ lbs each) plus trailer weight of 1800+/- equals 10,500 to 11,000 lbs for a 20 mile trip from the hay field to my Central Texas ranch. I could definitely tell the load was back there, but the truck did great, even going up a sharp grade 3 miles from my ranch!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
58,399 Posts
Wow. That looks scary! That's a huge load. I'm glad to hear the Titan pulled it so well.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeap-- pulled it fine other than the fact that the gas gauge was going down faster than I was going pulling the load! Actually I'm estimating 5 mpg when I had the load behind it.

·
Super Moderator
161,047 Posts
Wow. That's pretty wild. :thumbsup: I'm guessing that trailer doesn't have electric brakes? :eek:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carbeaux said:
Wow. That's pretty wild. :thumbsup: I'm guessing that trailer doesn't have electric brakes? :eek:

Yes it does. Without them I wouldn't have even tried this load. And, even with them coming to a quick stop was somewhat "challenging!" :blush: Biggest challenge though was crossing a creek at a low water crossing at the hay field which had fairly steep banks on each side that got pretty slick from the water splashed up from the creek as it was crossed-- was able to get through it by using 4 wheel drive low range and "boring a hole" coming down the bank on one side and going up the bank on the other side! :jester:

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Gotta hand it to you Texans for taking the project and supersizing it.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
That...is....AWESOME!!! Ah, these are the pictures that make me smile. But more importantly, the pictures that make me glad I own a TITAN! Now, could you only imagine if that were a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel Titan pulling that...mmmmm. Anyways, nice picture and thanks for sharing

:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts