Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I am not going to be able to wait for my order to come in. My Hardbody just blew the front CV boot (700 replacement) and they want to rebuild the 4x4 another 1000!

I have to get rid of that thing now! I cannot wait for the order, I wonder what the dealer will do about the deposit?
:fight: I hope not. I still want them as my servicing dealer. They already get the business for my Maxima. I just cannot wait 2 more months for it to come in. My parents found one in NY near them just like what I want. Yes it is a 9 hour drive, but I will not have to fix my truck.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Damn dude, sorry to hear that. I've been worrying a bit about my truck before I get the Titan. Not that it would break down, just that it would be perfect timing for it to do something like that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I went threw a problem like this when I got my Titan. My current car didn't have problems but the dealer keep promising me delivery dates and keep breaking them so I looked around and found one in Tampa which was just want I wanted except it had a dvd player also. I called the dealer in orlando to get my deposit back and they wouldn't give it to me. Lucky for me i was smart enought to put it on a credit card and didn't sign away the refund when I signed the deposit slip. I just called the credit card company and disputed the charge no problem. Now I left the dealership because they had a chance to come threw and didn't so it might be alittle different since it doesn't sound like the dealership messed up but as long as you didn't sign away your right to a refund I think you'll be ok. hope this helps alittle.

·
Registered
330 Posts
That 9 hour drive home sure would be fun! Will dealer trade with your dealer? That's how I got mine early. Dealers sometimes charge $ 500.00 for that drive if so I would go get it myself unless you want it trailered in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone gone out and found one on the lot or is there a wait-time on all purchases? How long is the average delivery?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Wow you folks in other states sure have to wait a long time to get your Titans. The dealer here in San Diego has about 70 in stock with various configurations. They must have priority with the manufacturer. I think they sold about 6 or 7 this past weekend.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Titanlover, How's that Titan doing in that snow in Colorado?

And on Mountain passes as well? I hope I get to go Elk hunting this year and try mine out up there as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Deposit

There really is no logical reason to keep your deposit...UNLESS you ordered some real oddball truck. I can check the status of your order if you have an order number.

It is possible they haven't even submitted the order yet. I think if you told them you needed one NOW, they may be able to help.

I never keep deposits....all it does it cause bad feelings.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Status

I am a dealer. I do not advertise that fact, as I don't want people to think I am here to sell....I am not. This is research for me. Get me the order number and I can tell status at the plant.

Rob

S

·
0 Posts
70boss order number

I have a phone number that I have been calling at Nissan. I do have an order number and have been told by both Nissan and the dealer the ETA is Feb 4th. I called Nissan again today as I still do not have a VIN number and that concerns me. I think they should have one by now don't you. They are so slow in calling back. If the delivery date is correct that is only 12 days away. My dealer checks the order number everyday but still no VIN. Any other suggestions or should I try and be patient? Man it’s hard as I can’t wait to get behind the wheel. When tracking my other new vehicles it was no problem but this Titan has been hard.:confused:

·
Registered
75 Posts
VIN numbers

There is no way they can quote a specific date, and not have the VIN number....period. Give me your order number and I will track it. Send it to my e-mail [email protected]

ETA's are always... "Week of" Feb 4...etc. It could come sooner, or later.

Rob

·
Registered
212 Posts
piopremier said:
I went threw a problem like this when I got my Titan. My current car didn't have problems but the dealer keep promising me delivery dates and keep breaking them so I looked around and found one in Tampa which was just want I wanted except it had a dvd player also. I called the dealer in orlando to get my deposit back and they wouldn't give it to me. Lucky for me i was smart enought to put it on a credit card and didn't sign away the refund when I signed the deposit slip. I just called the credit card company and disputed the charge no problem. Now I left the dealership because they had a chance to come threw and didn't so it might be alittle different since it doesn't sound like the dealership messed up but as long as you didn't sign away your right to a refund I think you'll be ok. hope this helps alittle.
How do you sign away the refund? I would like to know this trick cause Im thiking of ordering one.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Im going to be buying a Titan in the next few months. If Im going to spend 30k I want it to be exactly the way I want. How easy is it to order a truck through a dealer? How are price negotiations when you order one? There are plenty of Titans at the dealers near me but they dont have the combination of options that I want. Will a dealer order one for me if they have a lot full of Titans? How long does it normally take from order to delivery? I've also read several posts regarding VIN numbers. Why are people so interested in the VIN number of their future truck?

Im new to all this so forgive me if my questions sound silly.

NIck

·
Registered
470 Posts
Piopremier
Where do you live? I live in SE Orlando and went over to Brandon (Autoway of Brandon) to find my truck the week after Christmas. Saved about $2000 and they had a good selection. Dealers here didn't want to budge on price and didn't have much stock. About a month after I bought the truck the local dealers began calling me telling me they finally had the truck I was looking for. Still not willing to deal though. Too bad for them. And these are dealers I've bought numerous vehicles from and had service done over the years. I have owned probably 30 Datsuns/ Nissans over the years, mostly from Bill Ray.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I live in Oviedo in Alafaya Woods. They seemed like they knew what was goin on had the first Titan to test drive in Orlando which was like the 18th of Nov. I went, liked it, and put down the deposit. Then the games started of putting back the delivery date 3 times and I got tired of it. Im only 25 so i don't know if they thought they would string me out or what but I took my money some where else. I was very happy with the dealer in Tampa. As far as signing the deposit away the sheet I signed had a spot to sign but they didn't ask me to.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts