Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14.9 mpg. My previous truck was a 2002 Dodge Ram 4.7 CC and it averaged 14.7. I'm impressed, more power less gas. :futwice:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
RED BRAWN SE CC said:
14.9 mpg. My previous truck was a 2002 Dodge Ram 4.7 CC and it averaged 14.7. I'm impressed, more power less gas. :futwice:
is this a 4x4 or not

·
Registered
54 Posts
Better than my Ram

I am getting right around 15mpg on my 4x4 KC. This beats my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 5.9 (not a hemi) by about 4.5 mpg. I have about 4200 miles on the Titan and have not taken a strictly highway trip. I will be taking one this week and I suspect it will go up a little. Overall I am pleased with the mileage for such a heavy truck and so much HP. Actually outperforms our Exterra on mileage.

Drive fast/take chances...just kidding :smoke:

Sam :bye:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hope it gets better. I am on my second tank of gas and averaging 11.6mpg.....not good. I have the se cc 4x4 with big tow package....dealer told me gear ratio with tow package shouldnt effect gas milage too much.

Lets see................................... :smoke:

·
Registered
134 Posts
At about 2000 miles, and my last two tanks of gas averaged 14.87 and 15.22, all city driving. SE CC 4x4. It has continued to increase with every tank. Started around 13 mpg to over 15 mpg. If I can get one more I'll be even more satisfied. :cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am on the second tank also. First tank, mostly city driving I got around 13 mpg. Seemed consistant with all the other posts. My guess is 15-17 will be the average. it will be interesting as time goes on, whether any of the Intake and Exhuast systems improve these numbers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My first tank was about 14 around town. The second tank was 17.4 with highway driving 65 to 70 and a little slow speed dirt road driving. I have the 4x4 package.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mileage

Only 853 miles as of last gas stop but topped off 3 times for 15.72, 14.74 and 14.88 MPG. About 75% highway. Have "wasted" quite a bit of gas by switching gears more than speed to vary RPMs (hate slowing down on the freeway); just making sure to keep it under 4000RPMs; so overall meets my expectations.

·
Registered
33 Posts
16.5 First Tank
17.5 Second Tank

Mixture of arround town and highway driving I'm might impressed so far I like getting over 400 miles on a tank of gas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry about this dumb question, but I've got to ask. Aside from those with the NAV system that gives gas mileage, what is the best way to estimate the mileage (or specifically the amount of gas used)? Do you wait until it hits 1/2 or 1/4 and then use 14 or 21 gallons as an estimate?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Reset your trip odometer right after you fill the tank. Then log your miles with that tank of gas. When you return the station to fill her back up, record the gallons off the pump....miles/gallons=mpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
titanized said:
Reset your trip odometer right after you fill the tank. Then log your miles with that tank of gas. When you return the station to fill her back up, record the gallons off the pump....miles/gallons=mpg
:blush: Doh! So simple and I never thought of that. I think I'll go crawl under my truck and hide now!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts