Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I work with a company in europe that imports Some titans to the Netherlands. At this time i have not sold one yet, but intrest in the Big Nissan is Huge!

My question is related to the country we live. becouse we dont know what fahrenheits are :) we want to know how we can switch the automatic aircon to degrees in celcius, and since we have the metric system it would be nice if the mileage meter would show km's.

Does anybody know how to switch these things????

·
Registered
356 Posts
Temperature in Farenheit = 9/5 multiplied by the Centigrade temp. + 32

30 C = 1.8(30)+32 = 86 F

1 mile = 1.609 km = 1609.35 meters

I haven't seen anything that enables you ot change these in the truck. Maybe something in the computer chip. Maybe some of the Canadians have this information.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I believe if you have the outside thermometer, there's a button near it to toggle from metric to SAE. The odometer? I would expect that Canadian trucks, since they use the metric system, have the metric odometers. I would believe there's a simple switch for this that a dealership could do prior to shipping. If the parts are made by Nissan, they should be available to dealerships. Good luck, and post up here if you are able to make the contacts for the odo switch.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
KYDeepwater said:
Temperature in Farenheit = 9/5 multiplied by the Centigrade temp. + 32

30 C = 1.8(30)+32 = 86 F

1 mile = 1.609 km = 1609.35 meters
:huh: He's not asking how to convert the math! He wants to know how to get the trucks to Europe with the metric equipment and gauges. :huh:

But thanks for the 3rd grade math lesson......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blackbeauty said:
I believe if you have the outside thermometer, there's a button near it to toggle from metric to SAE.
jup i know the three titans we've got al have this outside thermometer (LE models) but it is not linked to the climate controll.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Oh, the heater/AC controls. Didn't think of that. Like I said, the Canadian trucks all have the metric gauges and digital reads. Not sure how to convert from SAE besides getting the trucks specified with the metric equipment from the factory. Maybe you can contact a large Canadian dealer rather than a US dealer? I don't know about the exchange rates and how that may differ, but you would be able to get metric trucks that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blackbeauty said:
I don't know about the exchange rates and how that may differ, but you would be able to get metric trucks that way.
canadian trucks are about USD 7000.- more then the us trucks.. i'll pass for that. :D

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
Wish I could help you. While my climate controls are in celcius, I'm not sure if it's a hardware thing or simply just a switch done by a computer somewhere. Like BB said, your best bet is to contact a dealership, see if they can hook it up to a big fancy computer somewhere and change it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts