Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a +08 put on 1.5" leveling spacers on the front with a 1" block on the back. Curious as to how this would look. Anyone with pics? Guessing it would look the same as stock just 1.5" higher??

As well I am in need of some new rubber. I have a 09 4x4 and will be putting on a 1.5" spacer. I have the 20" stockers on. I wanna get a little wider and also need something that is all season as I need something that is good in the winter snow here in Alberta. Something with some meat but not a mud tire. Thanks for any advice that you guys can give. I have very quickly become addicted to this darn site and LOVE IT!!

Thanks folks!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone wanna throw in there two bits?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can't give you much insight into the 08+ mini lift but I just did my 06 with the 1" front block and a set of Bilstein 5100s. The install is pretty easy if you have a bench vice and a set of spring compressors. Putting the spindle back on the UCA ball joint is a bit of a b*tch. All in all it went together well until I noticed the UCA to coil bucket contact at full droop. I don't flex the suspension to full droop ever so I may leave it. Either way it's minor and I just have to trim the coil bucket as small amount.

Tires are a personal thing. Some guys swear by one brand or another. I read a couple hundred reviews and then decided to talk with the guys at one of the local 4x4 shops here. It told him I didn't want a mud tire (too loud for me on the highway). I tow a fairly heavy travel trailer around all summer so I want something that is load rated. I wanted it to look as aggressive as I could get (in an All Terrain). He told me he has had really good reviews from all the local guys who run Pro Comp Xtreme All Terrains. A buddy of mine just bought a set and loves them. They are as quiet or quieter than the BFG and apparently handle better and last longer. It's a subjective thing though. When one guy gives an opinion you have to ask where is he driving, what is he doing, and how is he quantifying his opinion on tires. For example a guy in Colorado driving in the snow that they get there, is hardly able to compare with what a guy in California recommends. We have a ton of rain where I am (West Coast of BC). You probably get drier snow and colder temps. I'm not sure if the ProComp is winter rated but I think the Toyo is. Both are rated pretty high IMHO.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input. I am looking for somehting that has an aggressive look but not a MT. And yes, I need something that is good in snow as we got 12" yesteday! I was thinking the Cooper Zeon or maybe a nitto terra grapp. something along those lines anyway. Anyone know what siz I can run with just a 1.5" level and keeping on the mud flaps??

Thanks

·
Registered
781 Posts
305/60/20 toyo open country will barely fit but will look bad ***
or just do a 305/55/20

·
Registered
781 Posts
and coopers suck *** in the snow my bros taco had 285/6018 onand had bith nitto then went to cooper cuz of price he was stuck all over vail

·
Registered
279 Posts
and coopers suck *** in the snow my bros taco had 285/6018 onand had bith nitto then went to cooper cuz of price he was stuck all over vail
Really?! You saying Coopers in general, or the Zeon LTZ he mentioned? I haven't had my Zeon LTZs snow yet really, but haven't heard they are bad...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would love to get 305's on. I think that is as wide as I could/should go. There are alot of options in the 305/55/20 size as well.

I am think that a mini lift 2"/1" might work as well. I have read time and time agian that a 1.5" is all you need to level a +08. I have also seen a few guys that put on a 2" front spacer. I do very minimal offroading and my suspension isn't at full very often (I don't think anyway). I would still have about a .5" of rake as well which I wouldn't mind either. Just wanna try and find a setup on here that I can buy rather then brand new.

Anyone use the Pro Comp Xtreme AT's in the snow? I like the look of them alot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My buddy was raving to me about his in the snow we just had. He just got a set of 33's installed on his Dodge 3500 4x4. He told me he was having a blast driving everywhere in 2WD watching a huge roost kicking up behind him (just playing around in the snow heavy on the throttle... not because of lack of traction). When he popped it into 4WD he couldn't see out his side window with all the snow kicking up :D He said it was unstoppable !
I can't wait. I have had mine on order for over a month. With my luck I will get them in time for spring :eh:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Has anyone with a +08 put on 1.5" leveling spacers on the front with a 1" block on the back. Curious as to how this would look. Anyone with pics? Guessing it would look the same as stock just 1.5" higher??

As well I am in need of some new rubber. I have a 09 4x4 and will be putting on a 1.5" spacer. I have the 20" stockers on. I wanna get a little wider and also need something that is all season as I need something that is good in the winter snow here in Alberta. Something with some meat but not a mud tire. Thanks for any advice that you guys can give. I have very quickly become addicted to this darn site and LOVE IT!!

Thanks folks!!
Here is an older pic of mine. PRG 2" front and 1" rear. Coil bucket contact with a Pro-4X and a 2" front spacer was pretty bad. It left the front 1" lower than the rear...I do not know from experience, but the Rough Country 3" with the Upper Control Arms seems to be a good kit. Definitely the most bang for your buck. I would go that route if I had to do it again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is an older pic of mine. PRG 2" front and 1" rear. Coil bucket contact with a Pro-4X and a 2" front spacer was pretty bad. It left the front 1" lower than the rear...I do not know from experience, but the Rough Country 3" with the Upper Control Arms seems to be a good kit. Definitely the most bang for your buck. I would go that route if I had to do it again.
What was the tire and size that you had on the stock rim in that pic? It looks good!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I did a wright up on mine.. save your money and wait go with a 6in lift... love the way mine looks and drives but still wish I had the 6in

1 - 14 of 14 Posts