Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I am about to order a mini lift and I am looking for someone to install it.

If anyone knows of anyone please let me know.

I would like to take on this project myself, but I dont think i have time too.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Well since you don't have time I'm assuming your not looking for another Titan brother to help you out and are asking about shops in the area. Most people do it themselves so I have never heard of any shop recommendations. I would just check the phone book for 4x4 shops, any of them should be able to handle it, as far as lifts go I don't think it gets much easier. Just make sure they align your front end after. I know there is a shop in Arlington on Abrams I think that is somewhat highly regarded with the Jeep crowd. Don't recall the name of it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I would be up for doing it myself if I could get some help from someone who has installed one before.

·
Registered
674 Posts
just follow the instructions and youll be fine.....I did mine in the garage in about three hours. It would not have take so long but I was looking at the underneth of the truck as I was working. Jump in dont be scared....its really straight forward. Just make sure you have metric sockets.

good luck

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cole_Tx said:
Well I would be up for doing it myself if I could get some help from someone who has installed one before.

My humble advice (as a result of an attempted install just yesterday) use a 3/8” torque wrench rather than a 1/2” (IF you plan on using one at all.)

Apparently I missed a click and snapped a bolt on the upper strut and ended up backing out both spacers.

For the most part, just as the others stated, jump right in, it's not that bad at all.

Mike

·
Registered
837 Posts
I'm with the others. Jump in and do it. It only takes a few hours to do all four corners. As far as the torque wrench goes, I used a 1/2" and had no issues. I could possibly help you, it just depends on whether our schedules would coincide. If you know how to change a tire and do anything even mildly mechanical, you can tackle putting on the mini lift, especially if you get a PRG kit.

Make sure that the first place you go to after doing the lift is the alignment shop. It will need to be tweeked a little.

·
Registered
27 Posts
BigRedTitan said:
I'm with the others. Jump in and do it. It only takes a few hours to do all four corners. As far as the torque wrench goes, I used a 1/2" and had no issues. I could possibly help you, it just depends on whether our schedules would coincide. If you know how to change a tire and do anything even mildly mechanical, you can tackle putting on the mini lift, especially if you get a PRG kit.

Make sure that the first place you go to after doing the lift is the alignment shop. It will need to be tweeked a little.

I could use some help :) ..... I am not very handy but could try whatever I could to help could give you some money for your troubles... Dunno, If you think it's possible let me know... Thanks!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Gobe3 said:
I could use some help :) ..... I am not very handy but could try whatever I could to help could give you some money for your troubles... Dunno, If you think it's possible let me know... Thanks!
I wouldn't mind helping you out. My problem is that I don't have a lot of free time due to having a very booked schedule. Do you have it already, or do you need to get one? If I have a fair amount of notice, I can work it into my schedule.

BTW, where are you located?

·
Registered
27 Posts
BigRedTitan said:
I wouldn't mind helping you out. My problem is that I don't have a lot of free time due to having a very booked schedule. Do you have it already, or do you need to get one? If I have a fair amount of notice, I can work it into my schedule.

BTW, where are you located?
I haven't ordered it yet, was trying to see if I could find someone to install before I went out and bought it .... I am in Waxahachie....

·
Registered
837 Posts
Gobe3 said:
.... I am in Waxahachie....
Close enough. When you are ready to get the kit, give me some notice and I will help you with it as soon as I can.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sure thing I will let you know! Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gobe3 said:
I haven't ordered it yet, was trying to see if I could find someone to install before I went out and bought it .... I am in Waxahachie....
I am in Ennis, maybe we can install together and help each other out?

Cole

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cole_Tx said:
I am in Ennis, maybe we can install together and help each other out?

Cole

Would love to, but I am not handy at all and I know I can't do it lol.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
what is this "mini lift" you speak of? is it a leveling kit? I too would like to get a lift kit (maybe a mini?) and would like some help installing one myself (N. Dallas area), if at all possible... maybe we can have an installation party...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Energizer said:
what is this "mini lift" you speak of? is it a leveling kit? I too would like to get a lift kit (maybe a mini?) and would like some help installing one myself (N. Dallas area), if at all possible... maybe we can have an installation party...

Its a 2.5 leveling kit and comes with a 1" or 1.5" rear block.

·
Banned
18 Posts
that kit is super easy to install and the instructions are the best i've ever seen with any automotive related install. even if you've never messed with a car before, you could do this install. Just make sure you have a way to jack up the front of the truck and some jack stands that will hold it up there and you'll be good to go. You really don't need any help, it is that easy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone, just bought a 2008 Nissan Titan SE. Just wondering if anyone knows a shop in Houston, Texas that could install a PRG Mini Lift. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
848 Posts
IEA671 said:
Hey everyone, just bought a 2008 Nissan Titan SE. Just wondering if anyone knows a shop in Houston, Texas that could install a PRG Mini Lift. Thanks for the help.

Drive up to DFW Ill do it for 200.00 bucks cash alignment included! Let me know!

·
Registered
837 Posts
IEA671 said:
Contact VShort. I bet that he and a few other Houston guys would help you with it and all you gotta do is be good company and bring the beer. They have done quite a few of these lifts, plus others. There are a lot of good guys in Houston. You could get your lift done and make some really good new friends.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts