Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at my Titan yesterday and noticed that the big tow mirrors are angled differently. The passenger side is angled further back than the drivers side mirror. Both are locked into place but the angle is definitely different. Look at yours directly from the front and let me know if this is the case with yours. The only explanation I can think of is that Nissan purposely does this as the tighter angle on the passenger side mirror angles it closer to the driver thereby reducing the amount of adjustment you need....simply because the driver is sitting on the opposite side from that mirror. Does this make any sense?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes it does make sense. Also, remember that since the Big Tow mirrors have two parts, the upper normal rear view and the lower convex blind-spot covering rear view. With the tighter housing angle, this allows the convex mirror to have a tighter optical angle and thus cover the area between the vehicle side better. Just consider it another example of the depth of thought and engineering that went into designing the Titan.

·
Registered
497 Posts
yep they sit differently, there are some other cars made like that also. my
mr-s mirrors were positioned off also but were still completely worthless lol makes me appreciate the titans humangus mirrors. :eveilgrin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts