Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 nissan titan with 107,000 miles on it. The truck starts good and runs fine until I try to accelerate quickly (like when passing a car or from a stop) Then It misfires and "pops" It still struggles through this and when it levels off to cruising speed it runs fine again. Also the SES light flashes when I reach 65-70 MPH. I changed the plugs and it runs better but the problems did not go away.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
i'd like to hear feedback on this --i'm having similar issue and mech says need plugs and coils -- all scan shows is "multiple mis-fire"

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
One, or more, of your ignition coils could be failing. This sounds exactly like what happened to my old '07 and that was the problem.

Reactions: NoFearEeyes

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I changed the coils and idle improved for a while and was driveable at low speeds/rpms -- if i hit the throttle the engine essentially stalls -- i'[m strting to think fuel pump or bad fuel

Is there a way to drain fuel tank without removing it ??

Is there a way to check fuel pressure without buying that test rig that's talked about in some posts?

Is there a simple fuel pump test a rookie with limited skills and tools can do ?

THanks for help --

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
tried the change Fog Lamp and ECM relay's on the IPDM and no change -- still sputters and misfires if I try to press the throttle much at all

I'm believing now the fuel pump has failed -- any other thoughts ??

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Any luck with this?
Finally got to real problem -- FUEL PUMP --the fuel pump finally died !! It died a slow lurching death and we found key points with a Matco fuel pressure guage and adapters. The pump would maintenance pressure until it was warm and under load and the pressure would drop to 0 and finally totally just died !

The guage and adapters are expensive and a PITA to rig bur once in line no further a mystery. Good pump cost $325 plus 2 hours labor

All it took was a tech that uses better diagnostic tools and skills than a Neurosurgeon

Thanks to folks who offered thoughts and clues but real solution was result of methodical approach and excellent tools

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts