Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have the same problem. Gas guage will not go lower than quarter tank, Ive ran out of gas 3 times. Took it to the dealer, they say the sending unit its bad, but they wont cover it since im over the 36k mile warranty.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Weird thing happened to me. My gas guage would sometimes show a half a tank when I knew I had more gas. I had my battery checked and it was showing low volts. New battery and guage reads full. Maybe the sending unit sensitive to low voltage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My dealer attempted to get Nissan to pay for the cost of replacing the tank and sending unit based on my information from this forum. they said Nissan will knock off 200 bones and that I should call Nissan and request that Nissan pay the full amount. I did so and will hopefully hear back in the next day or so.....Nissan really should fix this issue, it really looks bad when your product cannot support a basic function like holding and distributing gasoline. I recommend to anyone else with this issue to contact Nissan as well.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
2 things you all should do

1. reset your fuel gage every fillup and get a feel for what your mileage is. Fill it up at around 17-22 gallons and you should be fine.

2. get a scangage2 and use that as your fuel gage.

if it is the float in the tank then use option 1 and never rely on the gage itself. its common sense.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I contacted Nissan consumer affairs, boy were they worthless and didn’t give a crap about my problem. The lady I talked to said I didn’t qualify for a "good will" warranty fix and maybe I should just keep my tank topped off!!! The cost to replace the sending unit is around $450.00. Wait till someone runs out of gas on the freeway because of the faulty gauge and gets nailed. This problem should be considered a recall.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yeah. Mine is all messed up also. I haven't had time to take it in. I just count miles now but I had ran out of gas twice before I started counting miles and found out that there is a TSB.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
This problem has been around since 04. Even some of the replacement ones are going bad also.

·
Registered
520 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
I've had mine replaced for the second time now...working fine so far. BTW, they replace the fuel pump & sending unit. It's one piece.
Hey Hudson, yes on the sending unit, I took a peek at it online, funny thing was when I dropped it off there was an 07 Amerada in for the same issue.

The dealer called me and said it would be tomorrow before I can get it back, they are replacing the n/s window regulator as well and don't have it in stock, so overnighting it for tomorrow :( :rolleyes:

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
Russsssman said:
Yeah... Not even 15,000 miles into my new Titan.. Seemed like just yesterday the salesman was talking me out of being a Dodge owner. Once you've gone Titan you'll never go back! First the broken gas cap on second fill-up and now this.. Just took several workmates out on a business lunch. Fuel gauge read 1/4 tank.. Then it ran out of gas! Sorry fellow colleagues... Biz has to wait. Clearly we can't count on Nissan. To top it off.. I'm in Austin, tx. Nissan Roadside sent some poor towtruck driver around DALLAS for 2 hours looking for me. I"M IN AUSTIN! This guys says it happens all the time! I finally get fuel 3 hours later and take it immediately to the dealership. Fuel sending unit obviously, but parts says they can't keep their shelves stocked with this unit. Meanwhile management "has never heard of this problem"... yeah right! Still no Recall??? on any of this? F*&# Nissan! They paid me two years free oil changes to shut up about the gas cap problem. What now guys? How you going to suppress your crappy product now?

Sincerely, Russell "Missing my old dodge ram with 230,000 and never a major problem" Hughes. Whacha gonna do Nissan?! FAIL!

someone needs some cheese!

or it's another troll

·
Registered
250 Posts
i put my truck in park one day and left it running it set there for about 10 min and the fuel gauge dropped from a 1/4 to empty and the light came on i put it in drive started to move and it went right back to 1/4 tank....
the floats have got to be a bad design or something....

·
Registered
520 Posts
Change of plan on my titan, instead of changing the sending unit Nissan has advised the dealer to replace the cluster board behind the clocks, I have voiced my concern on dash scratching, marking and the possibility of rattles after this is done so fingers crossed it goes ok..... they are taking this approach due to the fact that it’s an 2008 with there latest sending unit.

Apparently Nissan also mentioned a possible recall on 2008 Titans if this fix works (how much do I believe this ?) not much at all I think it’s just the dealer trying to make me feel good… but who knows.

I should have the truck back tomorrow night….:dunno:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Going on day six without the Titan and no word from Nissan. Hope to hear back today from them and hopefully will have the truck back by tomorrow. I am very doubtful that Nissan will pay for the cost of repair, but worth a shot. Such a basic function on a vehicle that should be covered.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Here we go..... Got a call from the dealer, replacing the cluster board did nothing, now they are overnighting the sending unit for tomorrow :( yet another night without my truck, I'm very disappointed.... So much so I took the wife's subaru out for a joyride, anything is better than the base sentra they gave me as a rental :)

Fingers crossed again for tomorrow.....

·
Registered
520 Posts
OK - The dealer had my truck since Tuesday morning 8am, after a phone call today they wanted to keep it until Monday for a Nissan Rep to come and look at it... needless to say I have it back now, it went in for two issues, the fuel gauge and the n/s window both have not been fixed, the fuel gauge has them baffled they have replaced the cluster board (and made a nice dent in my dash board) and they have replaced the sending unit both of which had no affect, the window regulator was replaced and now sounds worse than before :(

It's going back on Jan 7th for the same issues again, the only nice thing is that the dealership is extremely professional and friendly, I just wish they could could get it fixed :crying:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just an update to my earlier post in regards to obtaining a "Good Will" repair from Nissan. This has been going on since December 14 2007 and Nissan has called me back one time to tell me that they are "looking into it". Nissan has the worst customer service! I wish I bought a toyota

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.