Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you get a chance would someone with an SE KC check to see if they have these same issues?

1. There is no moulding around my tail lights. There is about an 1/8 inch gap all the way around.

2. Moulding behind rear door stops about 6 inches from the bottom.

3. The front headlight has moulding only across the top.

Just curious to see if this is only me.

Once I started checking I also noticed the moulding under the left (large version) outside mirror is pushed into the body so wonder how much water is now in the door, but this appears to be a unique screwup.

Otherwise; with about 1000 miles on it I am really enjoying this truck!

Thanks in advance, Paul

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just went out and checked my truck. Didn't check the rear door, but my headlight molding sounds the same as yours. Only across the top and maybe 1" down the side. No molding around the tail lights...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stevnmd said:
I just went out and checked my truck. Didn't check the rear door, but my headlight molding sounds the same as yours. Only across the top and maybe 1" down the side. No molding around the tail lights...
StevnMD,

Guess now I need to talk to the dealer about it and see if they can convince me it is not a problem. May be OK but just doesn't seem quite right.....

Thanks a lot for taking a look at yours!

Paul

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Last Hurrah,

Nope, all of those you describe (3 areas) are normal. Our is like that as well.

The seal around the tails is not needed - when you removed the tailight, the 'seals' are actually where the bulbs plug in.

The rubber strip accross the top of the headlight is there to fill and stop rubbing with the hood.

The rear door seal ends 6" from the bottom of the door but if you open the door you will see the seal across the bottom of the door is what keeps water out.

All is well...dont fret :upsidedow In our short off-road excursion, we didn't get any water inside.

Chris

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No more fretting; just enjoying!

CaliforniaTitan said:
Last Hurrah,

Nope, all of those you describe (3 areas) are normal. Our is like that as well.

The seal around the tails is not needed - when you removed the tailight, the 'seals' are actually where the bulbs plug in.

The rubber strip accross the top of the headlight is there to fill and stop rubbing with the hood.

The rear door seal ends 6" from the bottom of the door but if you open the door you will see the seal across the bottom of the door is what keeps water out.

All is well...dont fret :upsidedow In our short off-road excursion, we didn't get any water inside.

Chris
Chris,

OK, I will stop fretting and go back to just enjoying. Just seems like with so much stuff on this thing there must be something not quite right!

Glad you stayed dry!

Thanks for the feedback!

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts