Nissan Titan Forum banner

Missing piece for center storage?

3K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  botran 
#1 ·
hey guys, I am wondering if there is a piece missing for my center storage area between the seats. It seems like there should be an insert, organizer, coin holder or something that sits in there. Its just a wide open cavern now. The owners manual elludes to a removeable piece. Does anyone have that in their truck? While I am at it, can anyone explain the 2 areas on the underside of the lid? There is a "hook" and a cutout that looks like something could slide into it. What are these for? See the attached photo. I have an LE. Thanks all.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Craig_SRV said:
hey guys, I am wondering if there is a piece missing for my center storage area between the seats. It seems like there should be an insert, organizer, coin holder or something that sits in there. Its just a wide open cavern now. The owners manual elludes to a removeable piece. Does anyone have that in their truck? While I am at it, can anyone explain the 2 areas on the underside of the lid? There is a "hook" and a cutout that looks like something could slide into it. What are these for? See the attached photo. I have an LE. Thanks all.
the cutout is for small napkin pack and whats missing is that coin holder that nissan is trying to cheat us out of. its being shipped standard on some models which they say was an oversight at the factory. they say it will be offered as a option. i say nissan :futwice: they should give that to us it should be standard 0n a 30,000 dollar vehicle

#3 ·
Craig_SRV said:
The cutout is for a snub nose .357 magnum. I don't know what the hook is for.

#4 ·
bestatchess said:
The cutout is for a snub nose .357 magnum. I don't know what the hook is for.
well thats another use im sure we can think of a few different things to put there. :domohit:

#5 ·
Craig_SRV said:
The link below is a lengthy thread discussing the coin tray.
http://www.titantalk.com/showthread.php?t=8927&highlight=coin+tray

#7 ·
Thanks for photo Jet,, That's what is missing alright that is a big hole to fill without it and paying for DVD and RF it should be there. That remote etc. can get lost in there and the coin holder is a must. My wife put a cup in side door for change but it makes too much noise so I had to lose it!

Marty

#9 ·
got_titan said:
the cutout is for small napkin pack and whats missing is that coin holder that nissan is trying to cheat us out of. its being shipped standard on some models which they say was an oversight at the factory. they say it will be offered as a option. i say nissan :futwice: they should give that to us it should be standard 0n a 30,000 dollar vehicle

Yeah that kinda pisses me off, we spend (or will spend) that much on the truck and they pull a "ford" type of deal on us with the little orginizer/coin tray. And you right that is definatly supposed to be standard. oh well still not going to stop me from getting one. :)

#10 ·
change tray

My dealer acknowledges the fact that the first trucks came with it standard. My truck did not come with the change holder. I mentioned it to the dealer when I took delivery and he didn't have an answer as to why it wasn't there. He did check every truck and Armada on their lot for a change tray and had no luck. He was going to GIVE me one if he would have found one. He said he was going to order me one the next day. I also think it should have come standard on my truck. It's such a nickel n dime piece. :huh:

#11 ·
tikigod said:
Yeah that kinda pisses me off, we spend (or will spend) that much on the truck and they pull a "ford" type of deal on us with the little orginizer/coin tray. And you right that is definatly supposed to be standard. oh well still not going to stop me from getting one. :)
the more i think about this situation the madder it makes me that there screwing me and everyone else. i went to my dealer today and expressed my concern and looked at other titans and the ones with captains chairs had them. my dealer said they would try to help, but wasnt sure. i am calling nissan tommorrow and will commence to raising hell about this tommorow. a truck with msrp of 34710 better damn well come with or provided with a coin holder. its not much but thats exactly the way FORD HANDLES ****. NISSAN :bangit: NISSAN is buying them some time to figure out if this is standard or optional believe me they wil have to ship a lot of these out if it will be standard and they dont want that

#12 ·
got_titan said:
the more i think about this situation the madder it makes me that there screwing me and everyone else. i went to my dealer today and expressed my concern and looked at other titans and the ones with captains chairs had them. my dealer said they would try to help, but wasnt sure. i am calling nissan tommorrow and will commence to raising hell about this tommorow. a truck with msrp of 34710 better damn well come with or provided with a coin holder. its not much but thats exactly the way FORD HANDLES ****. NISSAN :bangit: NISSAN is buying them some time to figure out if this is standard or optional believe me they wil have to ship a lot of these out if it will be standard and they dont want that
gottitan... Don't feel bad, mine msrp'd at 42k and they stiffed me too! As Joe Pesci would say "they always **** you at the drive-thru!" :gunz:

#15 ·
Doghouse said:
The dealer shipped me mine and it arrived today. I am processing my refund from Nissan tomorrow.

If you need one, and want to pay for it, or get the case number from Nissan call Lynchburg Nissan in Lynchburg, VA. They know what they are and were very nice to deal with.
doghouse do you have a number for that dealer and also i mentioned this when i called nissan and they said they were not authorizing any refunds or shipments of the coin holder yet. can you get us a name of someone so we can speak to them when we call. i feel i am getting the run around if you have gotten yours already. maybe its who you talk to but i have talked to several people i will call 700 times if necessary :jester: please let us know, thanks john

#16 ·
My feeling about the coin holder is... I don't let it get me upset. I maintain a good relationship with my sales dude and the parts and service guy. I am a very mellow and a nice guy to deal with. They get yelled at all day by people and when I come in they are grateful. I know that this is a first year truck and that there will be supply issues. They will get the coin holder for me. It may take a while but I am patient.

Besides.. if they don't they will have no way of selling my wife an Armada someday..

Tony B

#17 ·
tbeecher said:
My feeling about the coin holder is... I don't let it get me upset. I maintain a good relationship with my sales dude and the parts and service guy. I am a very mellow and a nice guy to deal with. They get yelled at all day by people and when I come in they are grateful. I know that this is a first year truck and that there will be supply issues. They will get the coin holder for me. It may take a while but I am patient.

Besides.. if they don't they will have no way of selling my wife an Armada someday..

Tony B
i am not mad at my dealer just upset that nissan is dragging there feet on something as simple as this

#19 ·
tbeecher said:
I tell ya.. I am more upset that I can't give them my money and get mud flaps.. A coin holder is just cheese...
ok you want mud flaps i want coin holder i can get you mudflaps can you get me a coinholder :upsidedow

#21 ·
tbeecher said:
I think that the real key to the coin holder is your sales dude. If he really wants your return business he has the power. He sees all the coin holders coming in on the new trucks.. Know what a five-finger discount is?

TB
well im going to ask him again to see if he will get me one, he makes no promises :gunz:

#23 ·
Doghouse said:
I would hate to sick all of you on them. So I cannot give out their number. But that would not stop you from going to www.google.com and typeing in Lynchburg Nissan.

As soon as my refund is processed tonight, and I have cash in hand I will give out the name of the Nissan Rep. (again, not to risk a good thing). :)
Doghouse..... I just got off the phone with Nissan, I talked to a very nice lady! she said go an order the part, Fax me your rec. and Nissan will pay me back!...Thanks for your info it help me a LOT!!!.. :)

#25 ·
After a few weeks of being to shy to ask my salesman about the now infamous coin tray. I went there tonight and He told me that he hasn't seen any on the Titans only on the Armada's. He went and talked to the manager and to my surprise He took one out of the Armada and handed to me. I hope the new Armada owner is not going to miss it.
Now I have some place for my pens and tire gauge
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hat: :hat:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.