Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I took my P4X into the shop a couple weeks ago, they informed me that I’m missing my front skid plate. This does not seem like something that would just fall off so I looked at pictures I took of my truck when I bought it (new) and it looks like the skid plate was never installed (or at least was not on the truck when I bought it). I bought the truck new (
Has anyone ever had something like this happen? I plan to take the truck and pictures to the dealer to see what they have to say about this...I may have a problem getting them to install a new skid plate for free 3 years later :).

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would have the dealership look up the pictures from the original ad to prove that it wasn’t there. May be a starting point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mine was also missing. I noticed on first oil change (I do first oil change at about 1k miles) and dealer ordered and installed on 2nd oil change. License plate holder attaches to skid plate. I always figured dealership cannibalized the P4X I bought for another customer buying a S or SV who wanted one, but maybe it was missing from factory or dealer was supposed to install prior to delivery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It could have been stolen as they are made out of aluminum or some mechanic forgot to put it back on . Just a thought ; ) Probably plenty in wrecking yard .

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
That's crazy? Knowing what the Pro4X package consists of and checking to make sure your truck is in fact a Pro4X is very important. Especially as they make it into the used market. Some decals and a set of wheels doesn't make a Pro4X. But shady people will do just this sort of thing to make more profit on a sale. jmarwill you got yours brand new? So most likely just something weird, it's missing the skid plate? Biggest most important thing for people in the used market looking to buy a Pro4X check the rear end and make sure it has a electronic locking rear diff, people can't fake that. And the locking diff switch on the left side of the steering wheel between fog light lvl and hill descent switch.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My '19 S was missing the part that mounts under the bumper (air dam?) that I didn't notice until a couple months after owning. I couldn't get anyone to admit that it was supposed to come with it. Corporate or dealer all played dumb.

·
Premium Member
3,501 Posts
It has to be somewhere in the written description or pictures of the trim level to prove your position.
Don’t give up, it’s amazing how all aspects of the auto industry are filled with sleaze balls.

Clint

·
Registered
371 Posts
Guessing here, but think that an inexperienced technician installed the license plate on the bumper in the OP's truck and realized his/her mistake when the skid plate would not go back on, and just let the skid plate off.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Guessing here, but think that an inexperienced technician installed the license plate on the bumper in the OP's truck and realized his/her mistake when the skid plate would not go back on, and just let the skid plate off.
Tennessee doesn't require a front license plate so the dealer probably did a swap with another dealer who screwed up. So now who is financially responsible for this mess. ???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Found my sticker and you can see that it's on there. Do you have yours?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,501 Posts
Found my sticker and you can see that it's on there. Do you have yours?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That’s very helpful. Thanks for posting it.

Clint

1 - 11 of 11 Posts