Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been lurkin around, and had the T looked at and got offered 10k and 11k. Thought I would do a lil better than that! The 10k offer was offensive to me, ha and wasn't comfortable with them so I was a d!ck to them upon leaving ha. As soon as they should me the paper I stood up and said give me my keys haha.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks man, what are you looking at getting?

I found a used 09 ram 2500 with 40k, this is at the second dealer I got offered 11k for, they were asking 35k for the ram and when I said I had a trade in and they gave me a price they took the ram down to 33k, so I would have to pay 24k otd, I wasn't looking to do that. That is the place my dad got his truck at and didn't like the price so he wrote a price down on paper and gave him his number and said call me when I can pick it up, next day gets a call and picks up a loaded truck for 30k. So I did the same thing I wrote down I will pay them 17k otd and walked. I will see what happens.

·
Registered
433 Posts
if you sale let us know if you gonna sell anything off your truck first...

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
10 to 11 k is about right. I only got 12k for my 06 last year when I went to the 2010. They are giving me 23k for my 2010 trade in on the ram 3500.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
10 to 11 k is about right. I only got 12k for my 06 last year when I went to the 2010. They are giving me 23k for my 2010 trade in on the ram 3500.
Good grief, some of you change vehicles like you change underwear! :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Nascarjody,
From what I gather you work for a dealership. whats your opinion on this one.
I was reviewing trucks to get a estimate on my trucks worth.
in 2 years I've put only 10K on it and do all the maintenance religiously. its a LE, flex fuel and 4x4 and a 06 with 71K and KBB has mine at 16.5K
I was shopping around and even called a dealer for info on one I seen, this from the nissan dealer and their post..2006 NISSAN TITAN - Kelley Blue Book
truck has 107K on it a SE and from their word of mouth is all stock is worth 16K

Does this make any dang sense at all?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Don't you guys already know stealerships are NOT your friend?

I recently bought a Titan. I have been looking for a year, and planned on buying a slightly used one private party in 2011. BUT, I was in a accident that put my car out of commission, and I ended up buying a Titan at a dealer. I'm not happy about that, because I saw several examples of my truck going for thousands less private party. But when my car was smashed, there was absolutely 0 Titans for sale private party, any condition or trim. And the dealer actually had exactly the Titan I have wanted, I didn't make any sacrifices there.
I bought a 2007 SE CC 4x4 with all the options I wanted and 22K miles, 100K warranty for $22.9K. And even then, it was a fight, the dealer wanted $28K for the truck. Then they told me they paid $23K for it. I said "you've got to be kidding, I doubt you paid $15K for it" He was like WTF?
Seriously, it doesn't matter what they say they paid or will give you. They play a numbers game. People say "Oh I got $16K for my Camry on trade-in, pretty goog, huh?" except for the fact that the dealer penned it out as $16K, they really gave you $8K and hid the difference into the MSRP of what you bought. ESPECIALLY if you buy something used with a trade in, holy cow they can get you. You never know what they really paid for those Dodge Rams, you may think you negotiated OK, but trust me the dealer is laughing when all is said and done.
The only people get good deals are those buying new trucks that don't move off the lot, and they pay like $28K for a $41K MSRP new truck.

My advice, sell it private party. Even if you "give it away" for $12K, you are in a better position to negotiate with the dealer with $12K in your hand (or less inequity on your trade in).

Besides, WTH are you guys doing that you need a bigger truck? Was the Titan too small to begin with? Or did you get so rich you now need a manly diesel to tow your new $50K RV? Jeez, you'll be a slave to interest payments and inequity if you keep using the dealer this way!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I found a used 09 ram 2500 with 40k, this is at the second dealer I got offered 11k for, they were asking 35k for the ram and when I said I had a trade in and they gave me a price they took the ram down to 33k, so I would have to pay 24k otd, I wasn't looking to do that. That is the place my dad got his truck at and didn't like the price so he wrote a price down on paper and gave him his number and said call me when I can pick it up, next day gets a call and picks up a loaded truck for 30k. So I did the same thing I wrote down I will pay them 17k otd and walked. I will see what happens.
They paid $24K for the Ram, trust me. You are giving your Titan to them for FREE.

Dealers do this all the time. I used to work at a dealer.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Besides, WTH are you guys doing that you need a bigger truck? Was the Titan too small to begin with? Or did you get so rich you now need a manly diesel to tow your new $50K RV? Jeez, you'll be a slave to interest payments and inequity if you keep using the dealer this way!
Ha no just have always wanted a diesel. And I pay cash for my cars so won't have to worry about them and the "pay off". But I told the internet manager I would bring cash and he said now a days he would rather people finance. And no I dont NEEED a diesel But I want one. ha

·
Registered
627 Posts
Ha no just have always wanted a diesel. And I pay cash for my cars so won't have to worry about them and the "pay off". But I told the internet manager I would bring cash and he said now a days he would rather people finance. And no I dont NEEED a diesel But I want one. ha

OK, go to the bank, withdraw $24K to $26K cash, lay it on his desk and take the keys to the Ram. Dude, he doesn't care you finance or what, he still gets $$$. Make it easy on them, cash talks....if you wave cold hard cash in front of him, you'll get the truck. Besides, WTH would you want to finance if YOU have cash? Cash has no financing charges, a $33K loan will cost you thousands to finance:confused:

Then, just give the Titan to your GF or friend. Better to give it away to someone you like than the dealer

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
LOL They will tell you anything... One of the guy's @ the dealership where i bought my Titan actually told me the 22" rim/tire combo that was on my T cost them $6K! Now, this is not the first vehicle i've had w/ aftermarket rim's & tires... I had a custom set of Boyd Custom's Billet "Tornado's" made for my '95 Explorer that were staggered 20"X8" in the front & 20"x9.5" in the rear w/ Pirrelli P-Zero's. That setup cost around $5K & that was in the mid '90's before people on the street were even thinking about putting 20"s on a car/truck. They were only in the magazine's back then. So, don't believe a word of it... :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Oh I just read this, you offered $17K for a 2009 Ram Diesel? Good on ya, but that seems low for a Ram Diesel, don't they have a high resale value?

I live in the NW so excuse me if my vehicle value calibration is off, the older Ram diesels (like 2001) are going for at least $17K here with a million miles! yowzers:teeth:

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Nascarjody,
From what I gather you work for a dealership. whats your opinion on this one.
I was reviewing trucks to get a estimate on my trucks worth.
in 2 years I've put only 10K on it and do all the maintenance religiously. its a LE, flex fuel and 4x4 and a 06 with 71K and KBB has mine at 16.5K
I was shopping around and even called a dealer for info on one I seen, this from the nissan dealer and their post..2006 NISSAN TITAN - Kelley Blue Book
truck has 107K on it a SE and from their word of mouth is all stock is worth 16K

Does this make any dang sense at all?

Private party sales are always going to be more than trade in. The dealer still wants to make there money (no less than 2k) on any vehicle they take in for trade.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Oh I just read this, you offered $17K for a 2009 Ram Diesel? Good on ya, but that seems low for a Ram Diesel, don't they have a high resale value?

I live in the NW so excuse me if my vehicle value calibration is off, the older Ram diesels (like 2001) are going for at least $17K here with a million miles! yowzers:teeth:

Any ram diesel older than 06 is worth just as much if not more than the newer ones because they had the proven 5.9 engine & you dont have to mess with the emmissions of the new 6.7. Supply & demand.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Car dealers make more money on financing than they do when paid in cash. Therefore, financing carries more bargaining power than cash.

You will save more money by financing and then paying off the loan within a month or so. Interesting how some people seem to have it all figured out.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts

In my case I need one because the travel trailer I bought is too big for the titan.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Private party sales are always going to be more than trade in. The dealer still wants to make there money (no less than 2k) on any vehicle they take in for trade.
I give you that answer. but dang! I seen that and robbery came to mind, but you are right everyone has to get their piece of the pie.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts