Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have switched to the M1 0/40 over the 10/30. Reason is the additives are being reduced again to save the cats. The 0/40 has a much higher additive package, zinc and such. Also noticed M1 claims the oil is not a 0wt, but will perform like one. Sounds good to me, any thoughts? Not looking for a brand war, just opions on the 0/40 vs 10/30. I noticed that mercedes , and others come factory fill with 0/40 M1 or 5/40 which I cannot find. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
I ran 0/40 this winter in nd where temps got as low as -30 and it started every day. I went with it thinking it might be a little lighter for the winter cold starts.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using the auto guide app

·
Registered
6,182 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
I run it in my Titan and my snowmobile. I have also used Mobil 1 0W-30 with great results.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I've ran a 0W-40 once and it quieted down the engine quite a bit, especially when towing up hill in warm weather. I'm now feeding the Titan a steady diet of 5w-40.

Only negative than I can see is cold oil pressure. After a cold start (SoCal cold), my oil pressure gauge hits the 3/4 mark at only about 2000 rpm so I need to take it easy until it gets to operating temp. Gas mileage seems to be the same as when using a 5w-30, at least for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts