Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this just marketing, or is there actually a difference? Going to be making the switch from dino to synth next month and just wanting to get all the info before I buy the stuff.

Also, anything I special I need to do when I make the switch, or is it just a drain and fill job. I've never used synth before so I don't know if there's anything special you need to do in order to switch.

I plan on using the recommended 5-30. Will probably go with a mobile 1 filter as well. I just got the truck used and it will have 21k on it when I make the switch. Always had dino (as far as I know) in it before.

Thanks for the info gents!

·
Registered
85 Posts
good choice of oil---i prefer wix or nissan oil filter

·
Registered
978 Posts
i've used both, and didn't notice any difference. I think the pricing was about the same as well, where i buy.

You don't have to do anything different when making the switch, you just don't have to change it as often. I'm on a 6K change cycle, some go more, some less, my driving is fairly light duty and in Cali weather.

·
Registered
87 Posts
there are very slight differences between the SUV and Truck formulas and the other Mobil 1 syn. The Suv and Truck formula is very slightly heavier (not thicker) then the regular 5w-30 at 15 degrees celius, nothing to worry about since both are the same price and there is no way you would actually notice a difference driving

i think you would notice more of a difference going to a 0w-30 if anything

1 - 5 of 5 Posts