Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive done a lot of research through this site before deciding on modifications on my Titan. What I ended up deciding on was a Volant CAI Powercore with scoop, Stillen HP radiator, JEB stainless steel headers (shorties) Billy Boat catback exhaust (dual in/one out) and the Superchip flashpaq. Given the amount of add ons that were put in I can't help it to feel like I'm not getting the full potential from these mods. Any advice? I'm averaging 13MPG. I had mid 14 before anything was put on. I'm not expecting to fly the space shuttle either, but maybe someone out there can see what I may have not done right.
Thanks in advance for any guidance.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Ive done a lot of research through this site before deciding on modifications on my Titan. What I ended up deciding on was a Volant CAI Powercore with scoop, Stillen HP radiator, JEB stainless steel headers (shorties) Billy Boat catback exhaust (dual in/one out) and the Superchip flashpaq. Given the amount of add ons that were put in I can't help it to feel like I'm not getting the full potential from these mods. Any advice? I'm averaging 13MPG. I had mid 14 before anything was put on. I'm not expecting to fly the space shuttle either, but maybe someone out there can see what I may have not done right.

A custom tune via UpRev would be able to get you the most out of your truck but it's on the expensive side. A gear swap if you don't have the tow gears would help also. Other than a hotter cam or going the forced induction route those would be your two best routes to go.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I custom tune via UpRev would be able to get you the most out of your truck but it's on the expensive side.
:imwithstu

With headers, a custom tune is nearly a must.

What part of the performance are you not happy with? Is it performance off the line? Mid range power? Top End? Passing power? All?

As far as your mileage, I suspect your foot got heavier in testing the mods. :D

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
How long has it been since you put on all your mods and how far apart where they? Did you reset the ECU each time and allow the ECU time to relearn? Handheld programmers are great but a custom tune will optimize your mods, especially with headers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So I'm taking it that Superchips was not a good idea. Thanks for all the feedback fellas! I finished all installs within a month. The only resets I'm aware of are the one performed by the Superchip.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
You need to run it at a 1/4 mile track and get some numbers. Without knowing your 1/4 track mile time, you have no idea if you are missing anything.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
just curious on your exhaust pipe size BEFORE the muffler. it wouldn't be 3" pipe ? if it is, theres your problem.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Uprev scheduled for this Saturday! Now to sell my Superchip....
Now you will feel the umphf. Just hope who ever is doing the tune has done one before. Keep us posted and we want to see some numbers! :redblob"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I looked at the Uprev webiste and called one of their certified tuners in North Carolina, National Speed Inc. Called them, and explained my situation. They def. agree that due to the headers my best choice would be an Uprev tune. My shift point may be a bit off as well as my A/F ratio. Ill post what I come up with Saturday afternoon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No high flow cats, due to eventually having to move back to CA soon. You said that some people are not happy with their Uprev Tune? Or Dyno results. Guess they would be the same thing.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Well, the dyno is what makes some unhappy. Some people just don't know how to tune the Titan...Plus I feel like a good street tune will outperform a dyno tune all day.....High HP on the dyno doesn't mean a fast truck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The place where I'm getting my tune from explained the options to me. I simply want a fast street truck. Trying to remember this as best as I can, the dyno they are using has a load bearing ability that can be applied to the truck. So if tuned in that manner I get get the most out of my truck in a realistic sort of way. That was sort of icing on the already sweet cake. Im hoping that works in my favor. They're also going to add a switch for two different tune modes, I think that what he called it. So I can have a real aggressive tune and a more toned down one. Cant wait until Saturday.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Some one getting an early Christmas

1 - 20 of 53 Posts