Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!!!

I am new to the forums and just wanted to say hello! I purchased a 2005 Titan LE CC 4x4 a couple months ago and have since then saved up enough money for some upgrades.

Lift: I came across PRG Products - Greg through doing research on these forums. He has been great to work with! I bought the Procomp Radflo kit with the upgraded Radflo rear shocks. I also bought the PRG Offroad traction bars. Again, Greg was awesome to work with and was a blast to talk to on the phone!

Tires/Rims: The truck came with Toyo MT 33's on 20 inch rims... I will keep these for now because they still have some good tread left. Any suggestions on some upgrades in the future? I'm thinking 35's will fit nicely under the lift. Pro Comp or Toyo again?

Performance: The truck came with a K&N CAI as well as a Magna Flow exhaust. I'm not sure what series exhaust but it was with the truck so I'm not complaining. I'm really wanting to buy the Bully Dog Triple Dog GT. I have read some great things about this programmer.

Truck use: I live in Utah and there is a lot of off roading to be done! 30 minutes from me there is a large chunk of public land that people go to year round. After talking to Greg I think I am set on the suspension side of things. I am more looking for performance upgrades. I have the CAI and Exhaust and will be adding the Programmer soon... any other suggestions?

I'm also open to brake, drivetrain, etc... suggestions! Thanks for providing a great forum to discuss the kick *** Titan!

Oh it was also nice to find out the previous owner runs an oil change shop so only synthetic has gone through the truck. He bought the truck in 2006 when it was a year old and ended up replacing the rear axle. Other than that he said he took good care of it and had no issues. I replaced the front brake pads but other than that is has been great! Current mileage is 70,000. I am thinking about new tranny fluid and rear diff fluid just to be safe... thanks again to all the members for any suggestions!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and the mods you have done already. We definitely need to see some pics. I actually am looking to sell my BDGT, and it's coming off of the same model truck you now own. ;). Welcome, and sorry for the shameless plug for my GT I'm selling. lol. Now post some pics of the new rig. Oh, and how many miles were on it when you bought it?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I would say get a Bully Dog GT tuner, and that lift is the one I want some day. I have a lift now but I think it is about 5 years old. I live in Layton so it is good to see someone lives close on here. I too just bought my Titan, '05 CC SE.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the new ride and the mods you have done already. We definitely need to see some pics. I actually am looking to sell my BDGT, and it's coming off of the same model truck you now own. ;). Welcome, and sorry for the shameless plug for my GT I'm selling. lol. Now post some pics of the new rig. Oh, and how many miles were on it when you bought it?
Thanks! Pics will be up soon... the rims are a little worn but I don't care... they aren't broke so I'm not dropping $1,500+ on new ones...

I bought the truck for $18,000 with all the current mods on it... it had 66,000 miles on it but I thought it was a good deal with all the things done to it... Again, I'm glad I know the previous owner and that he babied the hell out of it... plus a new rear end 3 years ago so I'm not complaining... I figured out that I have the Big Tow package so that is nice and will be nice when I get some 35's!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say get a Bully Dog GT tuner, and that lift is the one I want some day. I have a lift now but I think it is about 5 years old. I live in Layton so it is good to see someone lives close on here. I too just bought my Titan, '05 CC SE.
I'm new to Utah so you might have to show me some fun places to go off road!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another thing that was suggested on another forum in regards to tranny fluid, rear diff fluid, new rear diff:

"I would use Amsoil Universal Automatic Transmission Fluid (it is synthetic and meets all Nissan specs) and Amsoil synthetic 75W140 in the differential.
Your weakest link is probably the differential. You may want to look into installing the Tru Trac."

Any suggestions on the Tru Trac... that is made by Detroit right?

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Thanks! Pics will be up soon... the rims are a little worn but I don't care... they aren't broke so I'm not dropping $1,500+ on new ones...

I bought the truck for $18,000 with all the current mods on it... it had 66,000 miles on it but I thought it was a good deal with all the things done to it... Again, I'm glad I know the previous owner and that he babied the hell out of it... plus a new rear end 3 years ago so I'm not complaining... I figured out that I have the Big Tow package so that is nice and will be nice when I get some 35's!
I think that is a fair price for an 05 LE loaded with those miles. Not that I'm selling my truck but if I was I would want that for mine.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Any suggestions on the Tru Trac... that is made by Detroit right?
Yes. it's a great mod and get's rid of a relatively weak rear end per se. Also gets rid of the one wheel peel. A word of caution though. if you've never had posi in the rear end, be careful if you go this route. While the one wheel peel stinks, it still keeps the truck semi straight, especially when getting on the gas around a corner. With the amount of torque in these trucks, getting on it around a corner or when pulling out and turning with trutrac will spin you right around in the blink of an eye.

For the rear end, also ensure you have the finned diff cover in the back. This is at least the newer design from back then and had more cooling power. I'm assuming the new rear end took care of this, but there's a chance they put a used one in i guess....

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
I'd upgrade the brakes first.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yes. it's a great mod and get's rid of a relatively weak rear end per se. Also gets rid of the one wheel peel. A word of caution though. if you've never had posi in the rear end, be careful if you go this route. While the one wheel peel stinks, it still keeps the truck semi straight, especially when getting on the gas around a corner. With the amount of torque in these trucks, getting on it around a corner or when pulling out and turning with trutrac will spin you right around in the blink of an eye.

For the rear end, also ensure you have the finned diff cover in the back. This is at least the newer design from back then and had more cooling power. I'm assuming the new rear end took care of this, but there's a chance they put a used one in i guess....
The diff cover is finned on the new rear end. I think I might stick with the stock rear end for awhile. It was also suggested to get a new rear diff cover...?

Cover: Nissan Titan Dana 44 High Capacity Differential Cover-RH1

Any thoughts or suggestions on this? Is there a huge advantage to getting the Tru Trac? I don't want to spend money unless needed... New rear diff cover could be useful... Also, it already has the locking rear diff in it... hit the little button and it locks the rear diff :) Better design, etc, suggestions...?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have 04 KC SE are these also known for bad rearends?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm new to Utah so you might have to show me some fun places to go off road!
Well if you are into the outdoors than you will love utah. There are plenty of places to go offroading and camping here. Can't wait for summer to get here, I am getting a truck bed tent today and can't wait to use it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts