Nissan Titan Forum banner

Mode Door Actuator

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bankr63 
#1 ·
I recently (within last 12 months) had the blend door and intake door actuators replaced on my 2010 Nissan Titan. They were located behind the dash on both the drivers and passengers side of the truck. It required removing the dash and cost $750 at the dealership. The a/c blows harder on the passenger side and less on the drivers side and their is air flow constantly coming from the defrost. Dealer is saying it’s the mode door actuator and wants another $750 to remove the motor and replace the dash. How many actuator motors are behind the dash? How hard is it to remove the dash and replace the motor? Is there any step by step instructions on how to do that?

#2 ·
One more blend door if you have ACC (one each for driver and passenger). That should be all IIRC.

I changed them myself on my Chev SUV after having the dealer do the first one. The shop procedure requires removing most of the dash, but I managed to do them without a major teardown. It did take a fair bit of the bark off my knuckles working in tight quarters though, and I had to fabricate an extra stubby screwdriver. However the doors are like $30 online, so it was worth the effort. YYMV on a Titan, I'm sure someone else can pipe in with how difficult it is to do this on the big Nissan, but I'm thinking not too difficult since there is SOOO much more room back there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.