Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why did you choose your current ECU programming or Osiris and what do you notice as being the average gains? More power, mileage, smoother idle, etc. Please let us all know.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Bought Titan in June 2006. Never Hot Rodded (I'm old, had to learn the word "tuner") before, and no real good tuning available at the time. Got hooked anyway, on TitanTalk, and ruined my life. lol. :)

Timing Advance was available only through UpRev Cipher for $400 or some dealers for $90. Chose Cipher for logging aand general OBD functionality. 1 person said he would pay me to do a T/A on his Titan, and I started doing them for $40 to pay for the software. After doing many, I now do them free. It draws people in for meets, and is good perk, intro to tuning.

Dyno at 274HP/324TQ with CAI/TBS/TA. Sought more power....

Added M/F Muffler, wanted it tuned to be certain it was safe and maximum effectiveness. Only viable Tuning was the Mailin ECU to UpRev in TX. $500 for 3 tunes Flash with Map Switching. Spent the $500 (plus FedEx Priority shipping to them!) while we went on vacation in another vehicle.

Tweaked my CAI and used same dyno. 308HP/380TQ. Thrilled to have reached my first goal of putting down at wheel, more than what the Engine is rated at - 305HP/379TQ.

Have now spent $900 at UpRev alone. Don't think my wife remembers that, so don't bring that up at any meets please! Did enough T/A's to pay for it all though. That is why I do them free now. Never was in it for money. Just for fun. have now done 92 T/A's, most for free. Give to the Titan community whenever you can. You will meet many strangers, and make a few friends!

UpRev Osiris introduced for only $700, including the Cipher software and updated tunes.....

Upgraded to UpRev Osiris in sweetheart deal with UpRev.

Love them guys, even if slow to respond at times. Great little company in my opinion. Not everybody gets to develope something somewhat unique, and with such enthusiasm as they have for cars/trucks in general. True Grass Roots operation. :)

As far as I understand, UpRev Osiris is still the only Tuning Software that provides: Windows Diagnostic Software for ECU/BCM/ABS; True Customized Tunes based on your personal vehicles reaction to Mods, based on the Cipher Logs you provide; Instant Switching of Tune needed through the Cruise Controls, no equipment needed.

UpRev Osiris Tuner now offered for $900. Allows you or a professional Tuner to tune your vehicle without having to contact or pay UpRev ever again. Early buyers of Osiris were given Free Upgrade to Osiris Tuner. Got It! haven't used it. I will do 1 more updated Tune by UpRev through the regular Osiris while I can, as soon as my JET MAF Sensor is installed. I have also added Truetrac, 2007 Intake Manifold and JBA Headers now. Looking to get back on the same Dyno again, and back to the track in March 2009.

Overall, I simply find it to be the most sophisticated Tuning solution for the VK56 engine.

Yes, it is Premium priced, but they have lowered the price on certain offerings, and are still unique in their total offerings.

UpRev is the defacto standard, all others are measured against them. This thread is evidence of that. Some cheaper, some excellent, but none better.

Gains can not be seperated as to Osiris only. Idle was always smooth. Rated 14/18, get 16/19 on average. Very pleased that I increased efficiency so well, and did not eat up more fuel for everyday driving.

I especially like that I get to enjoy my ride sooooo much, everyday, unlike many other hobbies I've had. I really am enthusiastic about it. But, it is in reality, hay wood and stubble. Enjoy it while you can.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing I have noticed in past readings, most people have this installed on the 2wd. I have the 4wd LE and am wondering if anyone out there or anyone knows of anyone installed on this model?

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone on here have any custom eTunes and are they worth the 50 bucks over the standard?

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Does anyone on here have any custom eTunes and are they worth the 50 bucks over the standard?
Originally UpRev would give "unlimited" updated Tunes, after the intial generic tune provided when you buy Osiris. Current policy is that they give you 3 Updated Tunes, after the generic tune provided. If you need more updates, then you pay $50 for 3 updates. A professional tuner does the work for you, much simplier than doing it yourself with the higher priced Osiris Tuner program.

Yes, it is worth it. But you may not ever need to utilize the service, depends on how far apart you do your Mods...

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
The mail in generic tune is no better than buying a BD or Superchips, just my opinion. I really think Uprev could do much better if they offered a group buy at $400, including one custom tune based on log data.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Interesting idea there!

Maybe a limited time use Cipher Logging software, and then do the mail in Tune if you don't want to buy Osiris.

Or a limited time use Osiris package for less money, with no mail in of ECU required then. $400 VS $700 For Full Version of Osiris.

But really, Osiris is the best way to go, cost aside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts