Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to see what mods will bring the torque up for towing. I am looking at pulling a 2 car flat bed(gooseneck). I dont have any nissan suspension left so that not a concern. Looking to here what works the best for motor and tranny upgrades. I am taking on a serious project and only want to puchase parts once. thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
my truck is a 07, with 373 gears. Are headers a good choice, if so are the stillen long tube the way to go? Also I have to biuld the exhaust, and intake from scratch due to there being no room for the aftermarket parts. The exhaust will have a magnaflow muffler with dual 2 1/2" in and single 3" out.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
my truck is a 07, with 373 gears. Are headers a good choice, if so are the stillen long tube the way to go? Also I have to biuld the exhaust, and intake from scratch due to there being no room for the aftermarket parts. The exhaust will have a magnaflow muffler with dual 2 1/2" in and single 3" out.
337 gears or 336? 336 is what comes with the big tow. Headers are a good idea, I would personally go with JBA headers or Nismos if you can find them. Thats just because I dont like Stillen and their rep. How comes theres no room for an intake? Your exhaust setup sounds pretty good, make sure to go no larger than 2 1/2 inch though

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did he edit his post? I see 3.73 gears. I to am curious about the intake. header have always had a reputation for increasing torque. Having a shop dyno tune your truck for torque would be a good idea to. I'm sure they can get it to pull harder down low rather than on top. A good trans cooler is probably a good idea to, also a way to measure the trans temp.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The reason I cant use off the shelf exhaust and intake is, the truck lays full body on 24"s. And yes the truck does have 373 gears, its not a nissan rearend. Nissan never made parts for what im doing. It should be the first of its kind.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
The reason I cant use off the shelf exhaust and intake is, the truck lays full body on 24"s. And yes the truck does have 373 gears, its not a nissan rearend. Nissan never made parts for what im doing. It should be the first of its kind.
Then I really dont know dude, Goodluck with the project though. Should be cool to see a SLAMMED Titan pull a gooseneck when its not advised that regular Titans even hook up a gooseneck.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
The best 2 towing mods for the buck are:

Rear end gears
Aftermarket programming

You have the one, get the other.
Since this is some sort of slammed truck, have you checked the load ratings for those wagon wheels?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wheels are definently not a problem, the wheels I will be running carry very heavy loads on a daily basis. Plus theres a couple extra wheels out back.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Wheels are definently not a problem, the wheels I will be running carry very heavy loads on a daily basis. Plus theres a couple extra wheels out back.
...I was really talking about the tires, but now you're hinting at an additional tag axle in the rear....or converted to duels...so that would make the question moot...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dude, seriously what are you building?????

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes I am building a dually, with a 2002 f350 rearend and chevy 2500 front suspension, with custom cut 24" alcoa wheels. So jba headers are decent? I looked for the nismo ones ,but as everybody already knows they are not out there. Also Im not sure about long tub headers due to the fact I have lowerd the motor 3" from factory. I already have a line on the high flow cats. If I put in a programmer, which one works best for towing.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
If I put in a programmer, which one works best for towing.
I run the SuperChips Cortex, and it's the only one I've run(I think several guys here have run more then one) and I uploaded it's 91 Oct Prem tow tune...It exceeded my expectations, especially right out of the hole...

·
Registered
318 Posts
do you have any pics of your build so far?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yea, that worked. Holy frame notch batman. That's one hell of a project. Is this a recent pic? Or are you further along.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all, I am new to this forum. We have a few questions re: towing with our 2007 Titan CC 4x4. We are in the market for a toyhauler and are in the process of building it. I have the big tow package. Truck is stock. I was wondering which brake controller to go with and who installs them in the Phoenix area? A few people told us to take it down to "UHAUL". What do you guys think? Also, do any of you forsee any challenges of pulling an 18fter az dune sport TH pull behind up to mogollon rim? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

·
Registered
602 Posts
u should have a harness in the glove box. just plug the brake controller into that and it plugs in under the dash below the steering wheel. no need to take it and have it done. I pull a 29'jayco bunk house just fine so u should do fine witha 18' mine wieghs 7500lbs

1 - 20 of 30 Posts