Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else is going. I believe this is in the same area we met last Sunday. I took my truck yesterday to get a front end alignment. They guy told me it wasn't too bad and to go offroading one more time before I brought it back.

CALIFORNIA 200
NIGHT RACE
AUGUST 11, 2007

LUCERNE VALLEY
OFF BESSEMER MINE ROAD
SOGGY DRY LAKE
RACE STARTS 6:00 PM

mdrracing.com/california/

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Well be out at the Rock Pile from Friday morning thru Sunday afternoon, I've been prepping the Ranger all week, I have a few things to do, and if I can get them all done, I will take out my Ranger below. This is my 5th or 6th year at this race, by far the best race that MDR puts on. If you have any questions, fell free to ask.
Nice looking Ranger! I love my titan but still miss my 98' 2wd Extra-Cab Ranger.
A friend and I did a check point for MDR (done some road crossings also)at this race quite a few years ago, man was it hot! We set up our CP around 3-4 pm and waited...This huge black Scorpion came walking thru our camp and scared my buddy, we took turns trying to shoot it with his Glock 45 cal...Just the 2 of us and taking turns hitting the poor little creature!

Was going to go with my son and his Dodge 1500(see pic) but I was just reminded I have a dang wedding to got to!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
A.I.I.Raciing said:
by far the best race that MDR puts on.
damnit, I'm not going to make it

nice truck AII, good luck

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Looks like contigency will be on Bessermer, right by Soggy dry lake...

·
Registered
179 Posts
so who all is actually gonna show up!? I just might go even if i dont run into anybody - i wanted to go to the race on the 21st but other things came up.

Mike

·
Registered
179 Posts
That was fun! I went with a couple friends.. Didn't get out there till late tho. Caught the end of the race. I did go to the rock pile, and beyond! Last night only reinforced my decision for a mid travel kit! I drove my stock truck hard! It was a blast tho! I saw a titan last night, two white front fenders - didnt know if that was one of you guys tho. He pulled up about 30 or so ft away and parked for a bit. Couple race cars went by then he bailed. I didn't think it was a Titan tbh the head lights didn't look stock? Maybe its just me... I saw the badge on the back when me drove off. Anyways, My truck is a red alert kc incase somebody might have spotted me.

- Mike

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BNSFMike said:
That was fun! I went with a couple friends.. Didn't get out there till late tho. Caught the end of the race. I did go to the rock pile, and beyond! Last night only reinforced my decision for a mid travel kit! I drove my stock truck hard! It was a blast tho! I saw a titan last night, two white front fenders - didnt know if that was one of you guys tho. He pulled up about 30 or so ft away and parked for a bit. Couple race cars went by then he bailed. I didn't think it was a Titan tbh the head lights didn't look stock? Maybe its just me... I saw the badge on the back when me drove off. Anyways, My truck is a red alert kc incase somebody might have spotted me.

- Mike
That was me. I remember seeing a red Titan with a trailer parked. I got there late too. I thrashed a second pair of Radflo air bumps in the front.
I left shortly after I realized the air bumps were busted. I also saw a DMZ Titan out there.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
djalex said:
That was me. I remember seeing a red Titan with a trailer parked. I got there late too. I thrashed a second pair of Radflo air bumps in the front.
I left shortly after I realized the air bumps were busted. I also saw a DMZ Titan out there.
never made it out... so you finally got the other fender ehh? sweet! so how'd you thrash your airbumps?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Question to those that made it out...How bad was the washboard on Bessermer? I haven't had my Titan down it, but I've had other trucks that the dash seemed blurry from all the vibration...
There used to be a parallel trail to the west of Bessermer that was kind of soft, but much smoother...you could take it from the 247 to just short of Soogy dry lake...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hooligan said:
never made it out... so you finally got the other fender ehh? sweet! so how'd you thrash your airbumps?
It looks like the shop that installed them placed them in the wrong place. They hit on the inside of the lower arm. According to Greg they should have been placed further out. The first set actually exploded.

DJAlex

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well, I got out there pretty late myself. I probably pulled in around 8:30 or 9. We followed a bunch of people down the main dirt road past the first pits, down by the rock pile where there were more pits - and then continued. Looked like the wrong way after a good couple miles, so I turned around and headed back to the rock pile. I was parked on the east side of the track, which was down wind (Doh!) - Farthest north. Actually there was 1 crew that pitted on the same side of the track, and they were the first ones you'd see if you were in the race, while everybody else was pitting on the west side of the course. I had my truck tailed up towards the track, a couple of friends and I were tailgating it watchin the race. I didn't have a trailer, but maybe I looked cool like i had one since I was parked next to them! Anyways - it was in the big clearing and i was watchin the camps (dont think they were pits, they were a bit far from the track) where people were shootin off fireworks!

Anyways, it was cool - had a blast thrashing my truck. I had to slow down for some of the "Medium" whoops in the road, but a lot of it was pretty nice cruisin. I didn't have any problems with any washboard road, the worst was that rocky area- it was real rough.

Sucks about your air bumps! I wonder if the shop will cover the replacements since they ****ed it up! I think I messed up my alignment, feels like its tuggin to the right a little now... could had been the wind tho! I need some real suspension tho!

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts