Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have:

Aluminum diff cover $50 plus shipping
1 more set 3.36 gears- Possibly sold
1 axle with 2.94 in great shape
2 more axles with 2.94 in ok shape

axles are pickup only unless you have the freight co. pick it up. I will part them out also so if you need a carrier or axle shafts or 2.94 gears.

I will let go of all axles for $600.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
The axles are for pick-up?
Where would they be picked up from?
Is it a super secret place, hush hush G-14 maybe...

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
loufish said:
The axles are for pick-up?
Where would they be picked up from?
Is it a super secret place, hush hush G-14 maybe...
From the alley next to the dumpster at the Nissan dealership located at . . . .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry but no secrets here. I live in atascadero CA. Directly between SF and LA on the coast. And no, these are not warrenty axles. All the diff covers are pulled so you can even check them out and see no issues. I have a buddy that owns a wrecking yard and he gets them for me. I have been collecting axles to regear and have about 12 but i heared that a company will be releasing gears in about three months so all my time was wasted so i pulled the covers to see which ones had 3.36 gears and sold the ring and pinions. So, that is why i have 3 axles with the diff covers pulled that have 2.94's. And just to let you all know because i willmost likely not pursue gears, You use gears from the dana 44 hd axle (found in jeeps), then just space the ring gear 5/16 off the carrier with a spacer drilled with 1/2 holes. then press a bushing in the carrier through the spacer in each carrier bolt hole because the ring gear is 3/8's. Then buy yourself 10 grade 9, 3/8 bolts and voila, your axle is regeared and everything is strong and tight. Super easy and it makes me wonder why it took 4 years. But there is a catch. The spacer has to be custom made and everything has to be tight tolerances. So it will take a talented gear shop. So there yaou all go, no secrets. Also there is an issue with the crush sleeve but i will keep that last secret to myself unless you paypal me 5 bucks.

·
Registered
484 Posts
What was the cost for you to get the spacer made so we have an idea if some of us want to do that or were interested in having you get some made up?

Also whats the status on the 3.36?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 spacer is around 300 do to it having to be sent off and blanchard ground. if i had alot made out of aluminum then it would be much cheaper. but if i was doing a large run then it would be alot more work then a spacer. I would send the ring gear off to be anield, then machine the inner out to make it centric to the spacer and then re drill and tap the holes to 1/2 to accept larger, stronger bolts and to eliminate the bushings, then re heat treat the ring gear. This was my plan but i would need to do at least 50 to offset the costs but there doesnt seem to be enough interest.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hmmm I think you are miss gauging the interest in such a "kit". Between the towing and racing people I would think you would have more than enough people if you came up with a total cost.

Do you still have the 3.36 gears?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No 3.36 gears as of now. I will let you know when i get some more. And i will get the total cost and see how that goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts