Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the rest of the pictures. If anyone has an idea how to correct the welding issuie without taking the entire bed off let me know. Otherwise I will have to live with it I am afraid. :crying:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
static101,

I feel your pain.

I have a cosmetic blemish of different sorts as well. There are black dots that are painted along the perimeter of the windshield that are called a dot matrix pattern. On the driver's side of my Titan these black dots are terribly smeared as if the windshield was handled before the black dots had a chance to dry.(see attached photo) The other things in the windshield are pine trees showing through and some raindrops. Because the dots that are smeared are on the driver's side they are "in my face" whenever I get in my truck. This makes me sick! At least with yours you don't see the problem unless you are outside of the truck. I didn't catch this problem when I purchased the truck because it was near dark and the problem didn't show up. The windshield was manufactured by Carlex I think but it is still Nissan's job to keep its suppliers from passing on junk. It seems to me that there is a problem at final inspection. I have thought about taking my truck back to the dealer and try to get a new windshield but I don't want the seal around it to be disrupted when the windshield is replaced and possibly leak. I also don't want the rear view mirror to be disrupted and start to cause problems. Sometimes when you take a vehicle in to fix something, larger problems crop up as a result. I don't really know what to do. I will probably not do anything and wait until a rock cracks my windshield and then it will have to have it replaced anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about the windshield. I am on my way to look at mine. Yes they have an issue with their QA QC. I am happy we have the plant in the US and are giving our people the jobs but the QA needs to be up to better standards. These types of things never should have passed inspection!! :flame:

·
729 Posts
Bayou Titan said:
static101,

I feel your pain.

I have a cosmetic blemish of different sorts as well. There are black dots that are painted along the perimeter of the windshield that are called a dot matrix pattern. On the driver's side of my Titan these black dots are terribly smeared as if the windshield was handled before the black dots had a chance to dry.(see attached photo) The other things in the windshield are pine trees showing through and some raindrops. Because the dots that are smeared are on the driver's side they are "in my face" whenever I get in my truck. This makes me sick! At least with yours you don't see the problem unless you are outside of the truck. I didn't catch this problem when I purchased the truck because it was near dark and the problem didn't show up. The windshield was manufactured by Carlex I think but it is still Nissan's job to keep its suppliers from passing on junk. It seems to me that there is a problem at final inspection. I have thought about taking my truck back to the dealer and try to get a new windshield but I don't want the seal around it to be disrupted when the windshield is replaced and possibly leak. I also don't want the rear view mirror to be disrupted and start to cause problems. Sometimes when you take a vehicle in to fix something, larger problems crop up as a result. I don't really know what to do. I will probably not do anything and wait until a rock cracks my windshield and then it will have to have it replaced anyway.
I would send an email to Nissan, along with the picture. I dont consider that nit picky, I consider that major. Things like that shouldnt make it through QA or the Dealer Inspection.

I'll bet they will take care of it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to see what my dealer does and yes I will follow up with a note to Nissan. I have not had much luck with thier customer service so far that is for sure. They never call back or have an answer when I call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts