Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my 2018 Titan is a pos.

Previously had the busted front diff and cv axles replaced at roughly 4K miles on the truck. (See my old thread)

tranny was acting up (slipping, not going forward occasionally, etc) so took it in. I had a video I took and showed the service adviser. They “flashed ” the tranny/ecu with an update after 3 days having the truck and had my come grab it. I was skeptical it was a programming problem.

Took the truck home and the tranny toasted in the driveway. Truck would hardly move. Got it towed in to dealership.
they had it for a week and finally got Nissan to approve a new tranny to be installed.
Also fixed leaking upper oil pan seal.

truck only has 18k on the clock. Wtf.

of course I’m out of the states 12month lemon law period. I really want Nissan to take this pos back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sucks to hear about all of your troubles with your truck. It sound like it was put together after a long weekend of drinking. I have to admit, yours is the first that I have heard that needs to have a tranny replaced. It's unfortunate, but it sounds like you got a lemon.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Sucks to hear about all of your troubles with your truck. It sound like it was put together after a long weekend of drinking. I have to admit, yours is the first that I have heard that needs to have a tranny replaced. It's unfortunate, but it sounds like you got a lemon.
And the first to blow a front diff... All within 18k!!

·
Registered
2018 Crew Cab Titan S
99 Posts
Certainly a build issue. My 2WD '18 has 37k on the clock and has been doing great. So sorry to hear about your issues. At least they're replacing without issue.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,287 Posts
dude, that so sucks. and being out of the states so you cannot do anything makes it worse. you are stuck with it. i would be pissed off but at least they keep fixing it, even though it puts you without a truck for each time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts