Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost finished up with my engine swap and have a few questions. I got my Nismo headers installed and plan on using the stock b pipes with the resonators on them (2wd '04) No cats at all,and then a little straight pipe with a couple Dynomax chambered mufflers and thats it until I get some dual pipes bent to go to the rear. The mufflers are just something that I have on hand and need to get this truck going because it is my only vehicle, I will more than likely get different mufflers later because I have a feeling I'll have a nasty drone with these. My main question is do I absolutely need to get some kind of a tuner to make it safe to drive? I'm not after performance at this time, I just dont want to run it lean and burn anything up. I'm a 2 stroke guy and get a little paranoid about air/fuel mixture. Seems to me these trucks run a little rich anyway.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Unless you know your current afr right now, theres no way to know. Id say with headers you may need Uprev. Why did you install headers if your not after performance?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
when I installed my LT headers I was running rich, at the time I was tuned by a bullydog powerpup, I knuw I was running rich because of the smell and the the LOW mpg I was getting, But I hear other running lean with headers.
you are gonna need uprev.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Same thing happened to my truck. Gonna be more than 4 grand to fix mine.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I Ran richer after gutting the front cats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts