Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to see if anyone has one of these. What do you think about it, can you recommend it?

reason for purchase... Papa's zombie apocalypse.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I don't have the tactical but I have 2 mossberg 500's. One is a 20 gauge with a rifled slug barrel and smooth bore field barrel in full camo with a matching red dot, and the other is a 12 gauge with a wood stock and smooth slug barrel and a smooth field barrel. I would highly recommend these guns. They are accurate and I've never had one jam. They are also designed so that you can take them almost completely apart by hand for cleaning and easy part replacement if necessary. But they are overall nice guns and they are used by the military and police force so they have been proven.

·
Registered
414 Posts
a couple of my friends have them, they are fun to shoot around. Not very good for shooting skeet. I plan on getting the winchster sx3 for the zobmies. 12 rounds in 1.4 seconds, i dont think they will have a chance.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a regular 500a with a smooth bore and a rifled barrel and i could not be happier with the performance. It shoots better than my fathers benelli any day.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
For hunting those brain-suckers, the good old S.P.A.S.-12 would be one of my top choices.

My choice in a pump is Mossberg 590.

·
Premium Member
70,177 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I have two mossberg 500 pump action 12 guages and for the money you can't get a better shotgun. They are reliable and relatively accurate, and for like $200 you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've got a 12 gauge mossberg pump that i've had forever it seems. Good gun, realtree camo I use it for dove hunting/backyard skeet shooting etc. I also have a remington 11-87 which I also love. As far as looks and feel I lean toward the Remington, for price and best bang for the buck the mossberg wins out. In a zombie apocolypse I think i'd want the pump for simplicity...

I implore you to buy it from an actual gun store and not wal-mart keep your local gun shop in business not help bury them!

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Here's my Mossberg 835, its not a tactical shotgun, but I bet in my hands it'll take a zombies head off. I'm good out to 100 yards, with the slug barrel I can hit a milk jug no problem.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
If you're going to be putting alot of rounds through the gun I wouldn't get the mossberg 500. I've heard of some people not having problems, but I've also seen a few fall apart and jam while I was out duck hunting with people. The wood part of the pump just fell right off of my buddy john's mossberg while we were in the blind, not to mention all the times I've seen that thing jam and he takes good care of his guns so it wasn't because the gun needed to be cleaned. My buddy cody's mossberg also jammed alot, he got so mad he sold the thing for $50 and went and bought a benelli. My dad also owned a mossberg a long time ago, he said it was a pos and vowed to never own another. But as I said, I've met some people that swear they haven't had a minute's problem with them and that their good guns.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Dang you Jason, You beat me to the video! Meg, I have personally never had a problem with mine, Me and a few friend's put 400+ round's threw it in about a hour and a half, Didn't even acted like it wanted to jam. We get bored out in the hunting wood's when were all gathered up eating lunch and start shooting pine-cone's off of tree's. Never a problem. I say if you want a good, Cheap, Reliable gun for the zombie apocalypse The Mossburg 500 is you best choice. If you want a Semi-Auto get a Stoeger, Last time I checked they where fairly cheap. Not even o mention VERY reliable.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
BUTTE , MT -- Two illegal aliens, Raphael Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine.

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.

When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.

Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, & MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news........an 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home and herself......against two murderous, illegal aliens .......and she wins, she is still alive.

Now that is Gun Control.

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BUTTE , MT -- Two illegal aliens, Raphael Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine.

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.

When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.

Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, & MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news........an 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home and herself......against two murderous, illegal aliens .......and she wins, she is still alive.

Now that is Gun Control.
Awesome story. although my heart goes out to the kid. I wish those idiots had not put in an 11 year old girl in a position where she was forced to defend herself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts