Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Well, I've pretty much have "had it" with the service department at Mossy Nissan of Oceanside California

My truck has been having a "clunking" noise when I accelerate away from a stop. Its a single, loud, CLUNK sound. During the diagnosis process, that took three visits to the dealer and a couple dozen days... I was told the cause of the problem was everything from a rear differential to a defective front strut... while attempting to fix the problem they have replaced the rear differential and drive shaft center bearing and have tightened, adjusted and lubed virtually everything under the truck from one end to the other. '

After messing with it for three weeks, the service manager called in the big guns from Nissan North America... this expert was certain that the noise was from a front strut (note, I just put on brand new Bilsteins) When that didn't pan out, they thought it was the upper control arm... nope, that didn't fix it either...

Finally, after multiple visits to the dealer and four different technicians looking at it (plus the Nissan North America Engineer) they discovered the cause of the problem.. a broken motor mount aarrgghhh....

it took me a total of two months of headaches and hassles and countless calls to and from the dealer..... not to mention having to bum rides to the dealer each time they told me it was done, only to learn that the noise was still there...

I am pretty much convinced at this point that Mossy Nissan of Oceanside California needs to gut the service dept and start over

Does anyone out there know of another trustworthy dealer in the San Diego Ca area

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hi guys,

Well, I've pretty much have "had it" with the service department at Mossy Nissan of Oceanside California

My truck has been having a "clunking" noise when I accelerate away from a stop. Its a single, loud, CLUNK sound. During the diagnosis process, that took three visits to the dealer and a couple dozen days... I was told the cause of the problem was everything from a rear differential to a defective front strut... while attempting to fix the problem they have replaced the rear differential and drive shaft center bearing and have tightened, adjusted and lubed virtually everything under the truck from one end to the other. '

After messing with it for three weeks, the service manager called in the big guns from Nissan North America... this expert was certain that the noise was from a front strut (note, I just put on brand new Bilsteins) When that didn't pan out, they thought it was the upper control arm... nope, that didn't fix it either...

Finally, after multiple visits to the dealer and four different technicians looking at it (plus the Nissan North America Engineer) they discovered the cause of the problem.. a broken motor mount aarrgghhh....

it took me a total of two months of headaches and hassles and countless calls to and from the dealer..... not to mention having to bum rides to the dealer each time they told me it was done, only to learn that the noise was still there...

I am pretty much convinced at this point that Mossy Nissan of Oceanside California needs to gut the service dept and start over

Does anyone out there know of another trustworthy dealer in the San Diego Ca area
Is it kind of a mettallic sound, mine has made a similar sound since i bought it, only uppon taking off, it has never gotten worse and is really not that loud (pipes drown it out lol) i would kinda like to know what it is tho

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd classify the clunk as a higher pitched sound. Not lower. Imagine whacking an aluminum pot with a hammer every time I'd pull away from a stop.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'd classify the clunk as a higher pitched sound. Not lower. Imagine whacking an aluminum pot with a hammer every time I'd pull away from a stop.
You could'nt have described the sound mine is makin any better, guess i should start checkin engine mounts... Thanks man

1 - 4 of 4 Posts