Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an attempt to let all who care that Mossy Nissan Oceanside wasted 3 days of my time for a knock in the steering rack of my truck. On fri May 4, 2007, I brought my 2005 Titan KC 4x4 into Mossy service for a warranty repair. The knock was discovered out at Greg's from PRG. Greg had gone through the 2.5 coil overs from Sway-Away and the Total Chaos UCA's that were installed to see if the knock was from the modifications. It wasn't , and the knock from the steering rack was confirmed not only by Greg and myself but two Mossy service techs. The afternoon of the 4th I got a call from Kirk the service advisor saying "They tightended up the left shock and that snugged everything in the steering up" come get your truck. Anyone that knows anything about how suspensions work would tell you that there is no way a loose shock being tightend would snug up a steering rack! I picked up the truck only to return it on Monday the 7th for the same problem this is when D.J. the tech at Mossy went for a drive and crawled under the truck to verify what I was hearing. D.J. confirmed the steering knock and said it may be a couple of days if they need to order parts. They set me up with a rental and I was on my way. All day the 8th they did nothing to my truck as the Service manager, Greg Lane wanted to go for a ride in the truck with me. This is the fourth person and 4th day dealing with this issue and still no repairs on the truck. I couldn't beleive it. The service advisor Kirk informed me that the problems may be due to the after market items on the truck even though the stock tire and wheel package and evrything else was the same. I had a conflict with driving on Wednessday, or Thursday due to work and told Kirk that I could come in on Friday to drive with Greg Lane. He informed me that they would not cover the rental while I was without my truck till friday. This set me free. I got my truck back that night and returned their POS rental. I was in the car business for 11 years in all aspects of the business and never in all my time as a professional in the auto industry have I seen such poor customer service. Please feel free to copy this thread and let others know of The Mossy way of doing business. and Boycott Mossy if at all possible.:flame: :flame: :flame: :fktardxpl

·
Super Moderator
36,630 Posts
You know I have had nothing but friendly service at 3 different mossy Nissan's in town. I would not go anyplace else.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience but did you talk to the GM about it?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
.......guys at Mossy in Poway have always been great with both my wife's Xterra and my truck........gotta wite a letter to the GM or something, that's doesn't sound like Mossy......

sorry to hear about your experience

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
According to my 2007 calender the only month this year with Friday falling on the 4th is the month of May.
I'm with P's on this,is this bad mojo about to happen in two days?
Your post is not going to get the result you wanted unless the facts are correct.
Maybe try another dealer if the noise is planning another future appearance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts