Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the most lift for your money? I'm wanting at least 7 inches. Also what size lift will i have to have before i can clear 37s? Thanks

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
for 37's you will need 10 inches of lift

·
Registered
14,139 Posts
for 37's you will need 10 inches of lift
thats not completley true. rynomx is gonna be running 37's soon, he's at stock height.. and also another prerunner guys has 37's...i cant remember who it is. I think i could've sneaked in 37's with my old set up. so long as i kept the truck on road.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
thats not completley true. rynomx is gonna be running 37's soon, he's at stock height.. and also another prerunner guys has 37's...i cant remember who it is. I think i could've sneaked in 37's with my old set up. so long as i kept the truck on road.
well, they must be cutting a hell of a lot.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i dont want to cut or anything but i was just wondering. so back to my main question, what is the most lift for your money?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
4x4 or 4x2?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Probably a 6" bracket lift. You can usually find good deals on here for that. And people do put 37s on the 6" lifts too.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
well, they must be cutting a hell of a lot.
I had to cut out my inner fender wells to have room for 37's at my ride height so, ya a lot cutting is involved. LOL

A 6" lift with fiberglass would clear 37's easy.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is a 6 inch bracket lift less height than the cst 7 inch? I'm looking for pretty much the biggest lift besides the bulletproof. Without spending tons of money. I know all lifts kill your gas mileage but oh well it looks sick.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Is a 6 inch bracket lift less height than the cst 7 inch? I'm looking for pretty much the biggest lift besides the bulletproof. Without spending tons of money. I know all lifts kill your gas mileage but oh well it looks sick.
Well the CST is really like a 6-6.5" lift and the other 6" lifts are really like a 5.5" lift. So yeah the cst would be the heighest. You can always add a 3" body lift to it to make it even taller.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
The CST is quite a bit more than Pro Comp or Fabtech. I paid $1900 about 5 years ago for mine and it doesn't come with rear shocks like the PC or FT do. It is a nicer kit though. The spindles are fabricated and not cast like the PC or FT and the drop bracket is tubing instead of plate.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have heard that the 6" Rough Country lift sits higher than the Procomp lift... Researched around and the Procomps measure around 43" in the front from the ground to fender and the RCX is 45". I have also had several offroad shops recommend this lift to me for the titan who have installed several different lifts on them and they like the RCX most cause the quality of the welds, structure of the kit, and ride comfort. The price and lifetime warranty are just icing on the cake!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm running the PRG extra lift with 37". You'll still have to trim the pinch weld and a bit on the fenders though....

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have the Rough Country lift and it is taller than the Pro Comp. However, be aware of extra costs that might come with it. I had the stock 17 inch offroad rims and the instructions indicate that you will be able to use them...they are wrong. The components are 1/2" too big. I had to go up to 18inch rims. I still had to do the PWM and some trimming to fit the 35" Trail Grapps. Also, if you install yourself be warned that the instructions can be vague and wrong in some parts. All in all though for the 1 week that I have had it on...I love it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have the Rough Country lift and it is taller than the Pro Comp. However, be aware of extra costs that might come with it. I had the stock 17 inch offroad rims and the instructions indicate that you will be able to use them...they are wrong. The components are 1/2" too big. I had to go up to 18inch rims. I still had to do the PWM and some trimming to fit the 35" Trail Grapps. Also, if you install yourself be warned that the instructions can be vague and wrong in some parts. All in all though for the 1 week that I have had it on...I love it.
Really still had to trim for 35's with that much lift?? Whats the offset on your wheels?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I will have to get it as I don't know. I had to go to Discount Tire and ask for their cheapest 18inch rims that would fit a Titan...completely unexpected! I know that they are not the stock offset and backspacing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts