Nissan Titan Forum banner

Most miles you would consider buying?

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  jdmartin 
#1 ·
I'm looking to buy a Titan and found a 2008 Pro4x that I love but it has high miles. Since you guys already own a Titan, in your opinion, what would be the limit on miles on a truck that I should consider buying.

Thanks for any feedback!

#5 ·
I would never consider buying a used vehicle that has more than 40,000, but that's my fetish.

#6 ·
My cutoff for a used anything is about 50k. That should be about a 4 or 4 1/2 year old vehicle. That's just me cuz I like to keep my vehicles for a long time and if I get something with 100k I figure it's life is half over.

#7 ·
Agreed. At 50k you should have a good life out of the vehicle.

I looked at many T's with mileage around 90K - 100K and figured that the price point between a truck with 50K miles and 100K is small enough to save up a little extra and purchase a lower mileage T'.

IMHO

#8 ·
I typically buy vehicles that are getting close to 100k, I usually look for 50-75k miles, drive them for another 60k miles or so, then turn them over while they still have some value and get something else. You should easily get 130k miles out of pretty much anything built today before you start having to spend any money on repairs. Because I usually turn them over in that range, I usually have spent nothing, or almost nothing, on repairs. Exception to this is a little beat around old truck (91) that I've got around the house that unless it completely craters or gets in a wreck, I'll probably keep - the thing gets nice gas mileage, ridiculously easy to repair, parts are cheap, reasonably comfortable.

I don't think you'd go wrong buying anything at 75k or less. Depends more on how much you drive. If you only do 10k miles a year, 75k is going to get you 5-6 years down the road before you really start seeing anything to fix (in general).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.