Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the most powerful duel exhuast for our titans. i like a loud deep throaty sound but want to gain performance and want the look of a duel. any suggestion would be great.

·
Registered
322 Posts
There is no powerful dual exhaust. JBA or nothing. Use the search key and you will see. I have a true dual with glass pack on my 04, it sounds like what you want. You will lose some tork with any dual though. Here is a sound clip of my truck.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Don't forget the Stillen. They have a dual rear and dual side exit. I would not describe mine a loud, but it is aggressive. Nice deep tone and quiet unitl WOT. Exactly what I wanted but sounds like you may want something louder. I read dyno reviews of this exhaust on another site and it showed gains in hp and Tq.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i tried typing in jba in the search and is said no matches found i've been trying to use search but i come up with better result going through thing s page by page. i guess i would go single then and if i did i think i would like the banks but does it hook up to the jba headers? i just like the look of duels.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
fastcrazyhurt said:
i tried typing in jba in the search and is said no matches found i've been trying to use search but i come up with better result going through thing s page by page. i guess i would go single then and if i did i think i would like the banks but does it hook up to the jba headers? i just like the look of duels.
Did you try using the advance search? After you hit the search button, then hit the advance search and type it in there. For some reason that is the only way I can find anything in the search.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
The most powerful dual exhaust would be custom with high flow cats, equal length stepped pipes, smaller to larger as it goes out to the X pipe crossover to help with scavenging and then into a flow through muffler. Once you have gotten equal length to the X pipe, you can route it any way you like because it won't make too much difference after that. The problem is that there is not that much to be gained from the dollars spent doing it but I am going to do mine anyway. Good luck in your exhaust quest.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i've read that the jba is not loud so i did not want it but i did want the performance then i listened to a clip of the jba on youtube and its definity still loud just not obnoxius so i decided on the jba now i just have to figure out if i want the jba header or the stillen any input would be apriciated.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
fastcrazyhurt said:
i've read that the jba is not loud so i did not want it but i did want the performance then i listened to a clip of the jba on youtube and its definity still loud just not obnoxius so i decided on the jba now i just have to figure out if i want the jba header or the stillen any input would be apriciated.
Sorry, can't say too much about the other two because I bought Nismo after seeing the build quality and I am happy with the performance. A lot of people have the Stillen and a few have the JBA and they both are performing well at the track. Personally I wanted to keep the factory O2 sensors in place instead of an emulator and I don't throw any codes with my headers ever. I also wanted equal length primaries. Whatever you get, I would coat them if I were you. I prefer the Swain Tech coating but there are others you don't have to wait for because they are not in as high a demand. Good luck and happy modding.

·
Registered
440 Posts
:hi: Unless you have to have true duals, I suggest B & B's dual in and single out side with dual tips if you really like loud. :werd: At cruising speed, the tone is just sweet in my opinion with no drone. I have Stillen’s Long Tube headers, which made it louder, and then the added Stillen VK Pro Piggyback unit mellowed it out considerably because I believe it modifies F/A ratio that seem to really make the engine run smoother.:gunz:

:computern Personally, I went with the single side exhaust because of safety concerns. To have duals exit out of the back or behind both rear wheels the exhaust pipe has to be routed next to the fuel cell. I can only image that Nissan didn't do the dual thing because if a fuel leak happens the hot exhaust more than likely would ignite it. I believe the term of more "bang" or "boom" for your bucks would definitely apply...smiling. :cheers: :blueblob:

I believe QShip on this forum could chime in on this subject as well because I followed his lead.:signed:

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
TitanZ04 said:
:hi: Unless you have to have true duals, I suggest B & B's dual in and single out side with dual tips if you really like loud. :werd: At cruising speed, the tone is just sweet in my opinion with no drone. I have Stillen’s Long Tube headers, which made it louder, and then the added Stillen VK Pro Piggyback unit mellowed it out considerably because I believe it modifies F/A ratio that seem to really make the engine run smoother.:gunz:

:computern Personally, I went with the single side exhaust because of safety concerns. To have duals exit out of the back or behind both rear wheels the exhaust pipe has to be routed next to the fuel cell. I can only image that Nissan didn't do the dual thing because if a fuel leak happens the hot exhaust more than likely would ignite it. I believe the term of more "bang" or "boom" for your bucks would definitely apply...smiling. :cheers: :blueblob:

I believe QShip on this forum could chime in on this subject as well because I followed his lead.:signed:
There isn't a way to pipe an exhaust system like you explained where it goes underneath the fuel cell (gas tank) is there? The piping pretty much goes one way till about the muffler doesn't it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
True duals are going to be more sound than a power gain. Idealy if you just want noise have an exhaust shop do a set of glass packs - Cherry Bomb seems to really be the most popular for something like that.

If you want more power there are various exhaust companies that make a single in/single out system that will give you more hp and torque - which if you tow anything - boat, trailer ect ect this might be a better option for you.

A good set of headers will compliment a deeper throater sound as well and releive a few extra ponies as well

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
True duals are going to be more sound than a power gain. Idealy if you just want noise have an exhaust shop do a set of glass packs - Cherry Bomb seems to really be the most popular for something like that.

If you want more power there are various exhaust companies that make a single in/single out system that will give you more hp and torque - which if you tow anything - boat, trailer ect ect this might be a better option for you.

A good set of headers will compliment a deeper throater sound as well and releive a few extra ponies as well
True enough and after doing a lot of research I came to the conclusion that single exhaust for our application was as good as and quite probably a better performer than dual exhaust.

As far as routing the exhaust in tight places, check out the DR Gas site for oval tubing, it's pretty cool just to look at and they have a lot of other cool stuff as well. Dr Gas is where I will be getting the stuff to do my custom Y pipe.

Good luck and happy modding.

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts
uracowman said:
most of your aftermarket designs are similar and the difference will be minuscule.
What facts and data do you have to back that up?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm thinking of doing a single in dual out Magnaflow...leaving everything from the muffler forward factory. Anybody have this setup? What should I expect power/sound wise?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
uracowman said:
look at the layout and designs of all the different exhausts.Most vehicles exhaust designs are all similar.
Most are very similar simply because there is not much to be done and still hit a good price point. Take the Dr Gas Y pipe collector for example at 100.00, most people are not going to want to pay that extra 100.00 for the additional performance and most people don't even understand what it's supposed to do, I know I didn't until I studied up on pulse and length tuning of the exhaust system.
In fact I almost spent 300.00 on cats that I probably don't need based on the CFM numbers our engine puts out. From all the research I have done I came to the conclusion that any free flowing muffler with 3" pipe out the back preceded by a good mandrel bent Y pipe of the 2.25" to 2.5" variety, 2.25" to 2.5" B pipes and High flow cats along with a decent set of headers will yield very similar results.
The only thing I am going to do to my exhaust is replace the Y pipe with 2.5" mandrel bent primaries and a Dr Gas 2.5 into 3" Y collector. From what I could gather about exhaust tuning, it is literally as much an art as a science and even the most experienced of designers have a good deal of trial and error with lots of Dyno time to attain the ideal setup.
Yes it's sad but true but the only thing that I can see to do to my existing exhaust is to increase the size of the Y pipe and improve the Y collector design with the Dr Gas Y pipe regardless of the money I was willing to spend.
I looked into equal length dual designs, single designs and in the end I believe that a set of Ceramic coated headers, 2.25" sized stepped up to 3" mandrel bent pipe design with good high flow cats and a Dr Gas Y along with a free flowing muffler of your choice is as close to perfection as you are likely to get with an exhaust system on a naturally aspirated truck at 400 hp and under.
Sorry for the ramble and if anyone can dispute my findings with any evidence that I didn't come across, please do because I would like to know the secret of the perfect exhaust. From what I could find, they are all just making educated guesses based on experience and then selling it to folks like you and I that don't really know any better.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Papa_D said:
Most are very similar simply because there is not much to be done and still hit a good price point. Take the Dr Gas Y pipe collector for example at 100.00, most people are not going to want to pay that extra 100.00 for the additional performance and most people don't even understand what it's supposed to do, I know I didn't until I studied up on pulse and length tuning of the exhaust system.
In fact I almost spent 300.00 on cats that I probably don't need based on the CFM numbers our engine puts out. From all the research I have done I came to the conclusion that any free flowing muffler with 3" pipe out the back preceded by a good mandrel bent Y pipe of the 2.25" to 2.5" variety, 2.25" to 2.5" B pipes and High flow cats along with a decent set of headers will yield very similar results.
The only thing I am going to do to my exhaust is replace the Y pipe with 2.5" mandrel bent primaries and a Dr Gas 2.5 into 3" Y collector. From what I could gather about exhaust tuning, it is literally as much an art as a science and even the most experienced of designers have a good deal of trial and error with lots of Dyno time to attain the ideal setup.
Yes it's sad but true but the only thing that I can see to do to my existing exhaust is to increase the size of the Y pipe and improve the Y collector design with the Dr Gas Y pipe regardless of the money I was willing to spend.
I looked into equal length dual designs, single designs and in the end I believe that a set of Ceramic coated headers, 2.25" sized stepped up to 3" mandrel bent pipe design with good high flow cats and a Dr Gas Y along with a free flowing muffler of your choice is as close to perfection as you are likely to get with an exhaust system on a naturally aspirated truck at 400 hp and under.
Sorry for the ramble and if anyone can dispute my findings with any evidence that I didn't come across, please do because I would like to know the secret of the perfect exhaust. From what I could find, they are all just making educated guesses based on experience and then selling it to folks like you and I that don't really know any better.
Well said. I am amazed at how much I have learned just reading on this site.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts