Nissan Titan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I go out tonite to go get our regular friday night pizza and I am on my way home minding my own business. Suddenly I get pulled by not one but two cops. He comes up to my window and asks for my info, while a young jittery looking cop is at the passenger side with his hand on his gun, which I can see with the side mirror. then asks if I have any weapons in the vehicle. Now I have been pulled over quite a few times in my life and have never been asked if I have any weapons in the vehicle.Then I ask why I was pulled over, hes says for not having mudflaps on my truck because it is lifted. Now I have had the lift for about three months and have never had a problem. I see lifted trucks on a daily basis that don't have mudflaps. So at home I look it up and it says:
28-958.01. Rear fender splash guards.

A. A person shall not operate a truck, trailer, semitrailer or bus on a highway unless the vehicle is equipped with rear fender splash guards that comply with the specifications provided in this section.

C. This section does not apply to:

1. A vehicle commonly known as a pickup truck with a manufacturer's rating of three-quarter ton or less, except that this section applies if the pickup truck has been modified from the original bumper height design to raise the center of gravity of the pickup truck.

So anyway, he takes for ever to site me then comes back and asks me to step out of the vehicle. At this point I am like oh sh$%, but he says that he cant see me from the height of the truck. Then he proceeds to tell me that I need to go get mudflats put on and then find a police officer not a sheriff but a police officer to sign off on my citation, proving that I have them. Then go to court and show them that I had an officer sign that says I now have mudflaps. Now I am currently looking at the citation and there is no place for another officer to sign.

Sorry for the long winded post, I just needed to vent.
MotherF^*#ing Cops...:poke: :poke: :boxing: "misslelau

·
Registered
530 Posts
:rofl: :rofl: lmfao ...rofl ... that is they funniest thing i have ever herd .... what a d!(|< !!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
They sign it off on the back of the ticket..i have had over 35 Fix it tickets for my Body Dropeed Tacoma...tint, to low, modified this modified that...so just put the stock ones on or just make some bull**** ones and go down the police station and they will sign it off...should be about 10 bucks when you take it to the court window...thats how it works in ca..not sure about az but should be similar.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The best part is he just trained a rookie on how to do bull**** stops too! Here's to the future.

·
Registered
130 Posts
phugoid said:
u should have said "no hablo ingles".....
they probs would have let u go w no prob right off the bat, since illegals have more rights.
No no, you got it all wrong. If you're an illegal alien, you have to smash the sh!t out of someone else's car, and then run off because you don't have a license or insurance.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
In MD, you get it signed off and just mail it in, within 15 days. DOT regulated vehicles are the same way for mechanical defects, sometimes signed off by truck mechanic, other times by an officer, then just mailed in. Very inconvenient to go to court house for minor issues. Surprising.

·
Registered
514 Posts
That's AZ for you... when I had my Chevy with 38s I got pulled over 24 hours after it was lifted for mud flaps and then about 6 months later in tempe for the same thing. The damn cop got a measuring tape out to see if my truck was too tall... retarded. They use it as an excuse to pull you over and find more things that could be wrong.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey P

I understand that its the cops job to enforce laws, but I don't think that it takes two cops and then a third to roll up in the middle to give a citation for not having mud flaps, also I have had the lift for a while and have many a cop follow behind me and have nothing happen...

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
it all depends on the cop, they all have a status they need to keep up, i know my parents are cops and at the end of the month or 2 week pay the last day they sit around and give tickets all day to get back up, but hey its probably not much, i would just get mudflaps and tell the cop to shove it next time

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya I totally believe that they have a status, even though no one will admit it, but they not making revenue from my citation, because it is more of a work order.:upsidedow

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
Salmonfifteen said:
Hey P

I understand that its the cops job to enforce laws, but I don't think that it takes two cops and then a third to roll up in the middle to give a citation for not having mud flaps, also I have had the lift for a while and have many a cop follow behind me and have nothing happen...

could have been a slow night. I kno here in Torrance late at night if your Black or Mexican ( gang looking ) there rollin 3 or 4 deep, guns drawn and yourass is on the curb.

Ya just never kno...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Salmonfifteen said:
Hey P

The number of cops is to keep themselves safe, they don't know who you are. Perhaps a nice law abiding citizen who ddin't know he needed mud flaps or a gun toting felon. Power in numbers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
P's Titan said:
could have been a slow night. I kno here in Torrance late at night if your Black or Mexican ( gang looking ) there rollin 3 or 4 deep, guns drawn and yourass is on the curb.

Ya just never kno...

You said it right in the middle, GANG LOOKING, that going to get police attention.........

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya, but I am neither black, hispanic or gang looking and there were probably 6-8 other vehicles ranging from cars, trucks, motorcycles pulled over within a 4 block area. I think it comes down to wrong place at the wrong time, like they were looking for a vehicle similar to mine for something and they needed to cover their @$$e$ about pulling me over.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.