Nissan Titan Forum banner

Moto Metal fitment

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Pepst 
#1 ·
Question for you guys..I've searched and am not 100% on the answer. I want to put these: Moto Metal 20x10, 6 on 5.5 / Bolt Pattern; Back Spacing = 5.02 in.; Offset = -12 mm.; Hub Bore = 106.25 along with Toyo M/T 35-12.5/20. My truck will be lifted w/4" CST spindles and SAW coilovers.

Can anyone tell me for sure if they will fit as well as any problems i may encounter with rubbing.

Thanks..

#4 ·
just as a point of reference, I'm running similar set up you'll have spindles/DRs...with Moto 951s (powdercoated black), 4.5 backspacing, I believe, on 35x12.5x17 Xterrains and there was major, major rubbing. I hacked off a good portion of the liner along with the pinch weld thing.........

#6 · (Edited)
Pepst said:
Question for you guys..I've searched and am not 100% on the answer. I want to put these: Moto Metal 20x10, 6 on 5.5 / Bolt Pattern; Back Spacing = 5.02 in.; Offset = -12 mm.; Hub Bore = 106.25 along with Toyo M/T 35-12.5/20. My truck will be lifted w/4" CST spindles and SAW coilovers.

Can anyone tell me for sure if they will fit as well as any problems i may encounter with rubbing.

Thanks..
The main concern is if this setup will rub on the spindles, because only a wheel spacer can help you then.

This backspacing gives 1/2" more clearance than OEM rim's with their 5.5" backspacing, but the tire sidewalls are much wider than OEM, and will stick in and out at least an inch more. This is probably why CST states 4.75" backspacing for their spindles. Some use the OEM rims with 5.5" b.s., with no problem, but with skinnier tires, (plus an 7.5" or 8" rim will pull in even a wide tire by 2/10 of an inch for every 1/2" narrower than the spec sheet measuring rim.

So, a 4.5" backspacing will be better for spindle clearance ... but worse for the pinch weld fender rub ... when you are turning the steering wheel. Those 10" wide rims will also affect this type of rub. You are much better off with a 8.5" to 9" width rim, even if you have to go with 18s or 17s.

Also the hub bore size is too big for the Titan. Thats like a 4" and I think ours is very close to 3". If it's a lug centric design I guess it doesn't matter, but I think a hub-centric might be stronger for a 2.5 ton truck if you off road.

yscty said:
Your best bet will be to stay away from any Negative Offset!!!
If he were to go a positive offset, or even just with 0 offset, he would be rubbing the CST spindles with the 13" wide Toyo MTs. Probably even on the stock steering knuckles.

Backspacing is what matters. Offset changes depending on the wheel width ... for a given backspacing.

#7 ·
do you guys feel that these would be a better choice. They're the XD795 Hoss 20 x 9, 6 x 139.7, -12 offset, 4.53 B/S, 108 Hub bore.

Im still not 100% sure I understand all the spacing but from reading it seems to me that these may fit a little better

#8 ·
Pepst said:
do you guys feel that these would be a better choice. They're the XD795 Hoss 20 x 9, 6 x 139.7, -12 offset, 4.53 B/S, 108 Hub bore.

Im still not 100% sure I understand all the spacing but from reading it seems to me that these may fit a little better
Yeah, these will give you a half inch more clearance to the CST spindle, but if they were 10" wide they would be worse for the fender/pinch weld rub, but since they are 9" they will be 1/2" better for this rub too. Your will still probably need the pinch weld mod, but less cutting.

Btw, I think you would want these with around a 3" hub bore, instead of a 4".
But, I got this from 4 wheel parts and their website is wrong a lot, so double check when you order.

W/PXD79529061212N
# 20x9, 6 on 5.5 / Bolt Pattern

* Back Spacing = 4.53 in.
* Offset = -12 mm.
* Hub Bore = 78.1
* Finish = Chrome

#9 ·
NorCal 4x4 said:
Yeah, these will give you a half inch more clearance to the CST spindle, but if they were 10" wide they would be worse for the fender/pinch weld rub, but since they are 9" they will be 1/2" better for this rub too. Your will still probably need the pinch weld mod, but less cutting.

Btw, I think you would want these with around a 3" hub bore, instead of a 4".
But, I got this from 4 wheel parts and their website is wrong a lot, so double check when you order.

W/PXD79529061212N
# 20x9, 6 on 5.5 / Bolt Pattern

* Back Spacing = 4.53 in.
* Offset = -12 mm.
* Hub Bore = 78.1
* Finish = Chrome
Thanks..the chart I've been using to find wheels does show them with that hub bore too..Well, now to find the best price!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.