Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I just bought a 2015 pro-4x and first thing i have done is placed an order for a set of 18x9 moto metal mo969 and the salesman said there might be an issue with fitment.
I did a quick search with no results.
Has anyone tried to put these rims on a titan.
it says there might be clearance issues on the caliper.

Please help ASAP

thank you so much

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Edit: reread. I have 959s sorry.

I think there is someone on the TT FB page who is selling some 969s. What is the backspacing and offset of the ones you're looking at?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I recently tried some 18x9 LRG wheels with a 0 offset on my 14' pro4x and they did not fit due to the wheel hitting the calipers. I didn't see it but Discount tire said there was no way they would work. This may be what they are referring to.

·
Registered
232 Posts
This is the only known case I know if fitment issues with 18's. He grinded down his calipers to clear. So even with an 18x10 and -24mm offset you'll probably have some issues. I plan on going with the same size and offset and also grind my calipers to clear. Dont see an issue doing so. I like the offset and size of the 18's so a little grinding on the front calipers doesnt bother me.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-wheels-tires-brakes/148612-need-some-advice-everyone.html

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-suspension/148700-about-ready-roll.html

Reactions: jbdesigns

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so instead of grinding the calipers would i be able to get away with 1/4 or 1/2 spacers? how much does the rim hit on the caliper?
thanks to everyone for helping me out

does the calipers hit on the spokes of the rim, or do they hit on the outside diameter of the rim

·
Registered
232 Posts
so instead of grinding the calipers would i be able to get away with 1/4 or 1/2 spacers? how much does the rim hit on the caliper?
thanks to everyone for helping me out

does the calipers hit on the spokes of the rim, or do they hit on the outside diameter of the rim
I believe the calipers hit the inside diameter of the wheel. Not 100% sure but, about to find out myself

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok great thanks. Keep me posted, and i will keep everyone else posted here too.
if anyone else has any advice please chime in.
those who have took a grinder to the calipers. are you grinding the face of them or around the top?

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
I just found the FB post he was selling 18x10s, but I asked him for the backspacing on those and if he had any issues... We'll see what he says.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so much for the help guys.
I just want to know if there is an additional option rather than grinding the callipers

·
Registered
232 Posts
Got them test fitted yesterday. These are the Moto Metal MO970 18x10 with -24mm offset. Maybe an 1/8" of clearance between the caliper and wheel. Truck is a 2010 which has the larger brake setup. Very, very close...But, they fit.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Reactions: snave7
1 - 14 of 14 Posts