Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i took my 07 titan for warranty... the motor was knocking on cold starts, well they asked to keep it over night so they did, this morning they heard it, i go up there to check the status, the mechanic walks up there along with the service guy and he tells me it's definitley in the bottom end that he has to take the motor apart or either replace the whole engine, im lost here!!!!.. i do not want a brand new truck with a rebuilt or replaced engine, is there anything i can do about this?, this is the first time ever in for warranty, please give your advice

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
If you are that uncomfortable with it, just tell them to extend the powertrain warranty out to 100,000 miles form the 60,000.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I would much rather have a new motor than any rebuilding the mechanic might do. There isn't much you can do about this. They will never offer you a new truck if that is what you had in mind.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Ask for a New Engine!!!!!

And don't take no for an answer~!~

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
titanical said:
thats what the service guy told me to ask for .....
No, don't ask, Demand a NEW Engine!!!!!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Check with your state lemon laws. I know in Alaska if it;s been out of service for 30 days or more or 3 tries to fix the same problem it qualifies. I know you haven' had good luck with you truck and are ready to off load it, this might be your chance.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
jbglenn said:
I know you haven' had good luck with you truck and are ready to off load it, this might be your chance.
Why do you say that? He stated in his first post, that it was the first time in for warranty work??? :confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
how bad was the cold start knock. I here something in the mornings, but is sounds like the lifters. Maybe 2-3 seconds then nothing. Anybody else?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
vipzach said:
Why do you say that? He stated in his first post, that it was the first time in for warranty work??? :confused:
Here you go, I remember a few post earlier he was wanting to get rid of it, and this might be his chance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wow lately i feel like a chronic complainer, please forgive me folks as i vent , im only talking bad about my titan...... well first of all it was my cold start knock....which by the way is still doing it, now everytime i take off (no matter how slow or fast) it has slack.... it hesitates before it actually grabs.... it's either my transmission or my rearend..... did i do wrong by buying this truck?, it seems i am having problem after problem with it...... im super seriously considering a new chevy........

im toying with the idea of trading my truck in a few weeks, i have a brand new leer 700 tonneau cover i may sell if i do, im just seeing what kind of responses i can get it is redbrawn, carpeted underneath, with a twist knob, paid new $1,100.00 would probably sell for $650, if so i also have the fog lights i would probably sell with the blinker stalk for $100.... money's getting a little tighter and thinking of selling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i'll be honest with you, i thought i did enough research before i bought my 07' titan but i didnt, i just bought the base model kingcab se, now im arguing with the thought of an offroad titan with the big mirrors, lower ratio, and hitch, just another thought...... you may look at what the 4wd has to offer
as well...

im not taking a poll or anything just wanna see what the majority have.... i have a 2wd but seriously thinking of trading in on an offroad..... if i can find one anywhere in this world..... also i want your thoughts on traveling 8 hours to buy a new titan

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
How the heII does an engine have a knock at start-up only and have it be the bottom end? Valvetrain tap at start-up is a top end issue and isn't usually a huge deal. But having said all that...if it's a new engine you need..DEMAND just that! You don't want some lame Nissan mechanic dismantling the engine on your brand new $30,000+ truck that you're making payments on!!!
I'd have someone else look at it first but if it's still needed...you be sure to scream I WANT A NEW ENGINE, AND AN EXTENDED WARRANTY! You'll get it if you're firm enough.

Also, I'm a firm believer in the "everything happens for a reason" theory. So even though it seems like a real pain in the azz right now, you should end up better off in the long run. good luck.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would demand a new motor and extended warranty like the other member have said, I have been a big Chevy fan but after driving the titan I personally would never go back.

·
Registered
933 Posts
No way I'd want a half-butt mechanic rebuild. I'd let them re-build it, take it home, drain the oil, hold it to the floor until it seized then put the oil back in and tell them I was still having a problem.

You paid for a brand new truck, there is no way you should have to put up with that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you want a nightmare have that same problem with a Chev then you'll know what a real pain they are. That's why I bought a Nissan. I had a Chev Duramax. Was in the shp for 73 days before they figured it out. The warranty sheet on this truck was the size of a book.

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Bob

·
Registered
248 Posts
titanical said:
yesterday i took my 07 titan for warranty... the motor was knocking on cold starts, well they asked to keep it over night so they did, this morning they heard it, i go up there to check the status, the mechanic walks up there along with the service guy and he tells me it's definitley in the bottom end that he has to take the motor apart or either replace the whole engine, im lost here!!!!.. i do not want a brand new truck with a rebuilt or replaced engine, is there anything i can do about this?, this is the first time ever in for warranty, please give your advice
I don't blame you! No way I would stand for a rebuild & given the reliable history of the Titan you may just have a "Lemon".

Click on the link below to read about Fl's "Lemon Law".

http://www.lemonauto.com/lemonlaw_florida.htm?gclid=CPzQmJ7ArYwCFQcfgAod9iTKJQ

Good Luck,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts