Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I installed some used factory exhaust manifolds to replace my other factory manifolds with gutted cats so I can pass emissions and not have to worry. HUGE pain in the ***! It seriously took all freaking day! Then before I decided to take off the motor mounts and jack up the engine I manage to mess up the beginning threads of one of the studs and it was just ever so slightly you think threading the bolt on would correct it! NOT! I had to squeeze both hands in there through the wheel well with a hack saw and cut off the very end of the stud to get some clean threads again..

Then while I took off the motor mounts I found they were completely trashed so I decided to fill them with polyurethane and here are some pictures of what I did.

I bought this stuff at home depot and it works pretty well, pretty much what I did was finish tearing the center of the mount away from the rest, which wasn't that hard, then washed it with some of that fast orange stuff, cleaned it all up nice and pretty, then filled the whole center of it with polyurethane, and inserted the center section and rotated it while it pushed some of the poly out through the bottom, I found this was easier then trying to fill it while it was still somewhat together.

Pretty much if you can put icing on a cake you can do this mod with ease. Except for the part of having to remove them to do it! But its a lot cheaper then $200/each autozone wants for new mounts!!

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Let us know how long it lasts.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Oh cute I see the Xterra in the background... Ughhhhh I need new shocks... 2.5'' external rez radflos to be exact... :( Well at least it will be cool to get them and the shackles all at once... 2008 brake rotors/calipers/pads are being ordered Saturday then we are rocking out!!!

·
Registered
383 Posts

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
If I understood the Facebook listing correctly; yesterday, PRG is introducing Motor Mounts in about 6 weeks. My Eyes are OPEN!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The titan motor mounts are a pretty simple design really. I dont see why you couldn't just burn the rest of that rubber out and go to polybushings.com and find some bushings that will fit in that sleeve. What I did was a simple easy fix and hopefully will hold up for awhile lol. So far I haven't noticed any more engine/drivetrain vibration either.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You were getting any vibration in gear when at a stop light etc ? My 04 has 84k on it and im getting a very annoying vibration in gear at lights and am pretty sure my mounts are shot, Would be nice if prg comes out with something

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kinda, it was mostly just a can of coke rattling against change in the cup holder lol. It still does it from time to time but my mounts were completely shot. I took out the motor mount bolt on the passenger side last year to gain access to something (dont remember what) but I guess I didn't tighten it down tight enough and it backed itself out and over time the torque from the motor would lift up the passenger side of the engine and it belt the bottom part of the bracket down like 1.5 inches. So I had to bend it all back together and locktite the bolt on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts