Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SE crew cab on order with a delivery date of 2-04-04. Can't wait. The question I have is there motor oil cooler on the truck? I am just wondering why it takes 7 quarts of oil. I have read everything I can find and still no answer. I am also going to post my comparison with the F150. I posted this on the Town Hall site but thought all of you might want to read it. I have some contact info for Nissan also to track trucks on order and will post in the correct categories. Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
The oil pan on the 5.6 is a structural member, all aluminum and very rigid. Not stamped sheet metal like many (GM). The design may warrant the extra capacity. The high volume is a good idea regardless. Anyone know Nissan's stance on synthetics?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Synthetic oil and “the great white"

There are several postings on this site on synthetic oil, look under oil filter. I have only seen the white in a two wheel drive but loved it!! Thanks for the input. I will post pictures as soon as I pick it up. I do not want the dealer to detail it or touch it. They will have to do the check out but I will take it home and do the detail. The way the dealers handle new cars is scary!! My dealer has been great. Just look at some of the ones on the lots. They already look nasty and the insides look like a mechanic never washed his hands, Sorry I am a female and VERY picky!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
There's no oil cooler on it, just one giant sump that is part of the block. Sweet design. You'll get a transmission cooler if you get the big tow package.

In the owners manual Nissan recommends Regular oil, not synthetic but I put Mobil 1 10W-30 in mine the other day when I changed it. I've been using synthetics long before they were cool and have been a big believer in them for years. They don't recommend against synthetics is the way I look at it!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. Now I know the real story!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts