Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got my Ebay smoked fogs in the mail. It was late so I decided to mount them tonight and wire them up tomorrow. I have attached some pictures, and i will take some after they are all wired up. The first pic is the before.

On to my question... I have been reading up on the install and most people suggest adding a relay to your parking lights to avoid melting wires. There is a relay in the wiring harness as you can see in the attached diagram on the next post. Can i just splice into the pos parking light wire, and connect the red wire from the harness? Thats what I'm planning on doing tomorrow. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today was the failed wiring attempt #1. Got hung up when i saw that the square inch plug (pic 1) is going to have to go through the tiny firewall hole :huh:. My new plan is to strip the plug and pull the wires through with a coat hanger, and reassemble the plug. Got the button installed and it looks great (pic 2).

I would really like someone to confirm my planned wiring. The third pic is the fog diagram with my relay diagram. My parking lights are gonna be the switch to activate power to the wiring harness, which will then power my button and fogs. Any help would be appreciated. :teeth:

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
I might have some questions when I have time to install mine, which will be in a few days. nice write-up, btw

·
Registered
263 Posts
Today was the failed wiring attempt #1. Got hung up when i saw that the square inch plug (pic 1) is going to have to go through the tiny firewall hole :huh:. My new plan is to strip the plug and pull the wires through with a coat hanger, and reassemble the plug. Got the button installed and it looks great (pic 2).

I would really like someone to confirm my planned wiring. The third pic is the fog diagram with my relay diagram. My parking lights are gonna be the switch to activate power to the wiring harness, which will then power my button and fogs. Any help would be appreciated. :teeth:
I got the same kit, and had to cut that end off and reattach on the inside of the cab.

For the time being, I have them straight to power - but I need a better set-up. This may be exactly what I am looking for.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Got them wired up! The wiring diagram i used for the relay is attached after the pics Holler at me if you have questions about the install.
So you used 2 relays then? I hate electrical work ughh....
I also have an ebay kit for my XE as well but they sent different pigtail for the bulbs so i found some on a JY truck and got them. Now i just gotta find out which wire is pos and neg on the factory pigtail too. Geez what a nightmare haha

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you used 2 relays then? I hate electrical work ughh....
I also have an ebay kit for my XE as well but they sent different pigtail for the bulbs so i found some on a JY truck and got them. Now i just gotta find out which wire is pos and neg on the factory pigtail too. Geez what a nightmare haha
Nah man, I just wired up one relay. The power goes to my fog wiring harness when parking lights are enabled.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Does this work with high beams also? Like when you turn high beam on fog stays on too?
Yes. The switch is only supplied power when the parking lights come on. They can be used with low and high beams.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
All you need is a relay. It is the same as wiring off road lights.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'm kind of surprised you guys have your fogs connected to a relay. Although, I can see how safe it is. I had my AM fogs in my truck since 04 and it's straight to switch/battery, could be the same thing as wiring it up to the parking lamps, but never had any issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My main reason for wiring my fogs to my parking lights was so that I get the "lights on" buzzer if I accidentally leave them on. I used to have fogs wired straight to the battery but I ALWAYS would leave them on when I left my vehicle.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ugh! I've done that too. One thing I hate is sometimes when I put my water down or pick it up, I accidently hit my lights on. That being said, when they are on in the daytime, I don't find out until I get outside my truck. Hmm. Maybe I'll look into doing that wire mod instead of a switch. I'd rather have everything come on at once.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is exactly what I did, purchased my lights through EBay, have the same wiring diagram, and got stuck at the firewall as far as wiring the switch to the inertia of the cab. This is good stuff, and I had made up my mind to PAY someone at a local stereo shop to wire mines up.

Thanks for the informative post sir.

After That, I will tackle how to install my cheap autozone air horn, because of all the nice things about the TITAN, the horn SUCKS, is WIMPY, WEAK:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts