Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me how yall mounted the scan gauge like in the picture? i would like to mount mine up there.

thanks jason

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
This is how I did mine, it's a previous version Scan Gague that's a little bigger and it's mounted above the radio area. It should be the same concept to mount it up top.

1 - Remove the sticker off the front of the Scanguage and place it in the front of your location, it act as a template for the display opening and the 5 holes for the buttons. Drill out the holes and cut out the opening, I used a file to smooth out the cuts.

2 - After you take apart the SG, put everything aside except for the "black box". Using a dremel tool (or similar) cut the outside wall of your box (where the red line is - all 4 side) now you can cut off the top portion of the "black box" where the blue line is. There is a small raise lip on the front of the "black box" that need to be smooth down (see picture, it's is outline in yellow).

3 - You will need to cut down the 9 posts about 1/8", the reason is with the thickness off the consol and the front of the "black box" the buttons will not go all the way through unless these are cut down.

4 - Place "black box" up to make sure all holes and opening line up. Make sure all shavings are clean out. I used epoxy (5 minutes set) and glue the "black box" to the consol. Give it some time to dry and assemble the LCD display and circuit board back on in reverse the way it came off.

5 - There is a plastic bar that run across the inside above the radio, you will have to cut the middle portion off for the SG to clear.

way through unless these are cut down.

4 - Place "black box" up to make sure all holes and opening line up. Make sure all shavings are clean out. I used epoxy (5 minutes set) and glue the "black box" to the consol. Give it some time to dry and assemble the LCD display and circuit board back on in reverse the way it came off.

5 - There is a plastic bar that run across the inside above the radio, you will have to cut the middle portion off for the SG to clear.

6 - Run your wire to the ODB II plug, under the driver's dash, right of the steering wheel. Make sure everything work. If everything is OK, use epoxy glue to re-attach the consol to the main consol.

Picture of ODB II plug.

Another place others have mounted the Scan Guage is above the rearview mirror. For some that location have the compass and homelink.
Following photo belong to MikeZ.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
I put mine where the factory nav goes, there is plenty of room with the newer scangauge. Didn't have to do much cutting at all, just a hole for it to fit through.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
helomech said:
I put mine where the factory nav goes, there is plenty of room with the newer scangauge. Didn't have to do much cutting at all, just a hole for it to fit through.
Yeah the newer SG2 is smaller, here's markislive's install off his overhead.

Attachments

·
Registered
682 Posts
they make a mount called a blend mount that looks pretty cool and clean

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks baseballfanz, but i want to mount it like markislive has anyone else did it like that? that has pic of the install

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
white_titan05 said:
thanks baseballfanz, but i want to mount it like markislive has anyone else did it like that? that has pic of the install
Where did he mount his? BTW I am heading to houma in about a hour. Will be driving through New Iberia about 9 tonight.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
baseballfanz said:
The last picture I post is markislive's truck and his SG2.
Cool thanks, I thought about that spot. But I wanted to keep my temp and compass.

·
Registered
426 Posts
baseballfanz said:
This is how I did mine, it's a previous version Scan Gague that's a little bigger and it's mounted above the radio area. It should be the same concept to mount it up top.

1 - Remove the sticker off the front of the Scanguage and place it in the front of your location, it act as a template for the display opening and the 5 holes for the buttons. Drill out the holes and cut out the opening, I used a file to smooth out the cuts.

2 - After you take apart the SG, put everything aside except for the "black box". Using a dremel tool (or similar) cut the outside wall of your box (where the red line is - all 4 side) now you can cut off the top portion of the "black box" where the blue line is. There is a small raise lip on the front of the "black box" that need to be smooth down (see picture, it's is outline in yellow).

3 - You will need to cut down the 9 posts about 1/8", the reason is with the thickness off the consol and the front of the "black box" the buttons will not go all the way through unless these are cut down.

way through unless these are cut down.

6 - Run your wire to the ODB II plug, under the driver's dash, right of the steering wheel. Make sure everything work. If everything is OK, use epoxy glue to re-attach the consol to the main consol.

Picture of ODB II plug.

Another place others have mounted the Scan Guage is above the rearview mirror. For some that location have the compass and homelink.
Following photo belong to MikeZ.
dude u did an amazing job there. it looks stock.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
helomech said:
Do you have a picture of your install?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I mounted mine right on top of the steering column with velcro. This allows you to remove if you need it for another car or trip. I feel it is the best location. Its easy install - 2 minutes, easy to read, and you don't have to look up or to the center of your console to mess with it. It only blocks the odometer on the guage cluster. I can get a pic for you guys if you like.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
PRJ said:
Do you have a picture of your install?
I just went take these pics. I have to remove the sealant from around it and put some more, it didn't smooth out like I had hoped.
100_0053_edited.JPG

100_0054_edited.JPG

100_0055_edited.JPG

·
Registered
383 Posts
They make a thin black U shaped material to use as a door edge gaurd. It slips on the metal edge so you dont chip your door paint on another car. You could use that around the box edge, it would give you a smooth clean line.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts