Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just remove and cleaned the squirrel cage wheel which was filled by mice with insulation that came from somewhere in my truck. This is the third time in a month and a half. I only had this problem once before in fifty years and it was in a Nissan Sentra. I'm thinking there should be a screen or baffle somewhere along the air intake route that Nissan consistently forgets to add to their vehicles.

I can't locate where the air enters from the engine side of the firewall. Can anyone help me fix this problem?

Thanks, rick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone else had this problem? Can someone give me some instructions to help get the mouse pee out of my truck's heating ducts? 2004 Titan.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Had that happen many years ago on my 240SX. I pulled the fan/motor out to peel off the corrugated carcass across the fan fins. Cleaned and disinfected the fan housing. I reinstalled the fan. Next, cover the seats and console to protect it from moisture, and open all the vehicle windows. Then turn on the vehicle with the fan on high and directed out and down. Using a can of Lysol Disinfectant Spray, from the vent intake by the wiper cowl, spray the disinfectant generiously into this air intake. Change vent direction to bring the spray into those duct sections. Repeat as necessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts