Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I haven’t bothered to verify, but rumor has it the new tundra will be twin turbo v6. I think that is going to turn a lot of potential buyers off, especially if they kill their v8 option as was rumored.

While the TT v6 makes great power, a large portion of the truck buying market wants a simple v8. That’s why Ford hasn’t done away with the 5.0 even though they would much rather push the eco boost.

I absolutely loved my 3.5 Ford, that truck was incredibly quick for a truck and towed extremely well. However when the lease was up, I looked only at v8’s for a vehicle I was purchasing instead of leasing. Ford knows many truck buyers think that way and keep a v8, hopefully Toyota will do likewise and keep a v8 option.

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
947 Posts
I'm liking the info coming out about the new 22’ Tundra..

I hope Nissan has some tricks left in the bag because a new Tundra that lives up to the hype will really put a hurtin’ on the Titan…
I'm liking the info coming out too, them going to a FI V6, means one less full-sized PU offering a V8, which makes the Titan even more valuable. :p

·
Registered
947 Posts
I haven’t bothered to verify, but rumor has it the new tundra will be twin turbo v6. I think that is going to turn a lot of potential buyers off, especially if they kill their v8 option as was rumored.

While the TT v6 makes great power, a large portion of the truck buying market wants a simple v8. That’s why Ford hasn’t done away with the 5.0 even though they would much rather push the eco boost.

I absolutely loved my 3.5 Ford, that truck was incredibly quick for a truck and towed extremely well. However when the lease was up, I looked only at v8’s for a vehicle I was purchasing instead of leasing. Ford knows many truck buyers think that way and keep a v8, hopefully Toyota will do likewise and keep a v8 option.

Lol, you posted just seconds before my post.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You are living my dream right now haha
I know, the used car market is crazy. My niece had a 2017 frontier cc 2wd she bought 3yrs ago new for 21k. We traded it last week for a 21 Altima SR. Even after discount and rebate, she still got $20,900 back for it. But, where we live, our local mega-dealers that usually have 350 new cars in inventory only have 60. Our closest Ford dealership has 0 used cars and only 25-30 new ones.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
i bet tis still that mini v8 that everyone says is a dog and the normal one. Toyota was setting themselves up to lose a good bit of their truck market by having no v8

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
hopefully you don't get that engine knock that the 5.7 tundras are getting in the number 7 cylinder. that would be a bummer to leave a truck with a 5 year 100k warranty to go to one that is supposedly more reliable and than you have to get the engine swapped at 35k miles and you are out of warranty.

i never knew Toyota had the same issues with the engines as Nissan. i just happened to find out because a buddy has a 2019 or 2020 tundra and was looking up something about it
You sure on that? I think it's isolated case. I didn't even see anything about it on on the Tundra Forum website.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I've seen on the Fords and Dodge that they tuck into the center stack, but how long before the mechanism gets stuck and doesn't let you pull it out to shift into gear?
It never happens.

Every car/truck I have driven since 1987 has had the console shifter and never once has it been a problem.

·
Registered
289 Posts
It never happens.

Every car/truck I have driven since 1987 has had the console shifter and never once has it been a problem.
I believe he was referring to the power folding shifter that folds flat down into the console on the new Ford’s, not the regular ol console shifter.

·
Registered
947 Posts
It never happens.

I don't know, more moving parts, and then the inevitable when some dope tries to fold out the center armrest with the shifter still up. The biggest thing I can see is someone spilling their drink (I don't drink in any of my vehicles, btw) and the moving parts getting all cruddy.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
It popped up when I was googling tundra troubles so I assumed it was a common deal. Maybe it is a one off deal if you couldn't find it on their forum.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have found that vehicles with higher resale values also have higher initial acquisition costs…

I've shopped Tundra a few times and they tend to be priced several thousand higher when u can find them equipped same as Titan.. Throw in an extended warranty and the higher fuel costs and the Tundra really gets expensive… Yes, the Tundra is more reliable but then again do you really save any money?? The Tundra pro off road was going to cost me approx. $10k more and have less features and add the extra fuel costs of $3000 plus over 100k miles….

So $13,000 more to have a truck thats more reliable and 5 to 10years down the road will get me maybe $3000 more in resale compared to a Titan…
And most people don’t keep a vehicle long enough to justify the price

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok fam. So I have an 18 pro4x with 37k on it. Still own about 28k on the truck. It blue books at nearly 40. Should I be looking at the 21 pro4x if I can find one or find a deal on one? Is it even worth my time? I absolutely love my 18 it’s my third Titan.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok fam. So I have an 18 pro4x with 37k on it. Still own about 28k on the truck. It blue books at nearly 40. Should I be looking at the 21 pro4x if I can find one or find a deal on one? Is it even worth my time? I absolutely love my 18 it’s my third Titan.
there’s a few unicorns out there but damn the rebates are gone and their pretty much msrp

·
Premium Member
4,380 Posts
I know values are up but doubt you can get that amount for your current one. What the book says and what they will offer are two very different things. If yours is up there, then so is theirs.
It’s the same in housing, you’re always the same distance apart unless you’re cashing out.

Clint

Reactions: matt20 and busemans

·
Registered
202 Posts
And as much as people say that the column shifter is dated, I do like the fact that it's not right in the middle of the center stack. I've seen on the Fords and Dodge that they tuck into the center stack, but how long before the mechanism gets stuck and doesn't let you pull it out to shift into gear?
The column shifter of the Titan is a huge pro for me. Keeps it up out of the way and leaves room for other stuff (cup holders, access to usb, not blocking cab/seat climate).

·
Registered
947 Posts
The column shifter of the Titan is a huge pro for me. Keeps it up out of the way and leaves room for other stuff (cup holders, access to usb, not blocking cab/seat climate).
I officially thought it was ancient, but I'm with you, it is out of the way. And the other thing is that if Nissan puts something like the Rogue's transmission in the Titan, I can see a lot of people not liking it. It was a weird digital shifter near the armrest. You had to click it to get it in the right gear, and it would re-center itself, so you'd have to bump it up with a button held to shift it into Reverse, then click down for it to shift into Drive. It felt more like I was on a PS4 than in a vehicle.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I officially thought it was ancient, but I'm with you, it is out of the way. And the other thing is that if Nissan puts something like the Rogue's transmission in the Titan, I can see a lot of people not liking it. It was a weird digital shifter near the armrest. You had to click it to get it in the right gear, and it would re-center itself, so you'd have to bump it up with a button held to shift it into Reverse, then click down for it to shift into Drive. It felt more like I was on a PS4 than in a vehicle.
Column shifters are the only way to go in pickups, it’s not a truck without a column shifter and tow mirrors

21 - 40 of 67 Posts